Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 55 guests

HFQ Official Snippet #5

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: HFQ Official Snippet #5
Post by kbus888   » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:09 pm

kbus888
Vice Admiral

=2014/10/28=

I agree --- we've all been wrong SO OFTEN !! :twisted: :roll: :lol:

R

DrakBibliophile wrote:Unless there is something "special" about such orders, they may be mentioned only as background info.

While we don't know how many seijins existed, it's very likely that there were many such orders and some may exist at the current Safehold time.

But IMO it is unlikely that David Weber will have many more such "secret Brotherhoods/Sisterhoods".

Of course, I could be wrong. :twisted: :twisted:

kbus888 wrote:=2014/10/28=

Hi Guys

I wonder ???

[Quote from Snipper #5]
“We don’t know. The Order of Saint Kohdy — the Sisterhood’s parent order — was formed when his body was returned to his family. It was created and charged with preparing and maintaining his tomb, just as other orders had been charged to do for many of the other fallen seijins, ...
[End quote]

?? Will RFC tell us about any OTHER Sisterhoods that were formed to maintain other fallen seijins ??

?? Comments ??

R
..//* *\\
(/(..^..)\)
.._/'*'\_
.(,,,)^(,,,)

Love is a condition in which
the happiness of another
is essential to your own. - R Heinlein
Post by n7axw   » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:42 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Sisterhoods apparently are not all that uncommon. A sister was present when the Brothers of St Zherneau were considering Father Paityr's nomination for the inner circle. Sisters of St Evyelyn, perhaps?

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Hildum   » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:09 pm

Hildum
Captain (Junior Grade)

Dilandu wrote:Hm! Just notice:

For that matter, after talking with him, Kohdy had come to question whether or not Langhorne himself had loosed the Rakurai on Armageddon Reef.

Armageddon Reef had insisted it was Chihiro and Schueler who’d turned to evil,

May we assume that it wasn't Langhorne who ordered the attack on Alexandria (or at least not on scale, that actually happened)? Was it possible, that he was double-crossed by Chihiro and Schueler who started all this to get rid of both Shan-Wei and Langhorne and their followers?

I think not. The context was whether God or Langhorne had loosed the Rakurai. The later question was whether or not Chihiro and Schueler were truly following Langhorne's wishes. Which makes me think that telling Nynian is going to be a real problem, as she is absolutely devoted to the Church and Langhorne, and apparently believes it was Chihiro and Schueler that betrayed Langhorne (and Kohdy).
Post by Dilandu   » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:17 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

Hildum wrote:
I think not. The context was whether God or Langhorne had loosed the Rakurai. The later question was whether or not Chihiro and Schueler were truly following Langhorne's wishes. Which makes me think that telling Nynian is going to be a real problem, as she is absolutely devoted to the Church and Langhorne, and apparently believes it was Chihiro and Schueler that betrayed Langhorne (and Kohdy).

Well, but it's possible that she is right, after all. In such things your better double-checked all. Imagine how embarrassing it may be if the Merlin finally tell the whole world about how the Langhorne destroyed the Alexandria - and suddenly discover that the Langhrone was actually had nothing to do with?

After all, whe didn't knew whp ACTUALLY gave the order to Alexandria attack, so until we obtain some first-hand data from some Angel or Archangel, we are free to speculate. :D
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by n7axw   » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:52 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Dilandu wrote:
Hildum wrote:

Well, but it's possible that she is right, after all. In such things your better double-checked all. Imagine how embarrassing it may be if the Merlin finally tell the whole world about how the Langhorne destroyed the Alexandria - and suddenly discover that the Langhrone was actually had nothing to do with?

After all, whe didn't knew whp ACTUALLY gave the order to Alexandria attack, so until we obtain some first-hand data from some Angel or Archangel, we are free to speculate. :D

Hi Dilandu,

We do know from no less of an authority than Pei Kauyung that Langhorne was the leader when the order was given since the bit with the vest pocket nuke was revenge for Armageddon Reef.

I find myself very skeptical of the notion that the OBS was set off behind Lanhorne's back.

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:13 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

evilauthor wrote:
dan92677 wrote:Only the MWW knows..................

True. He could have more surprises in store.

s/could/will/
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:55 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Hi Guys

I wonder ???

[Quote from Snipper #5]
“We don’t know. The Order of Saint Kohdy — the Sisterhood’s parent order — was formed when his body was returned to his family. It was created and charged with preparing and maintaining his tomb, just as other orders had been charged to do for many of the other fallen seijins, ...
[End quote]

?? Will RFC tell us about any OTHER Sisterhoods that were formed to maintain other fallen seijins ??

?? Comments ??

R

The only other secret sisterhoods would be for seijins who were eventually disowned by the CoGA - so far we only know about Kohdy.
Charles
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:17 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

Well, any other "Secret Brotherhood/Sisterhood" could have a public face.

The Charisian "Secret Brotherhood" has a publicly known face.

Thus in theory, a Brotherhood or Sisterhood founded to honor a fallen seijin could publicly exist while having a "secret organization" associated with it.

fallsfromtrees wrote:

Hi Guys

I wonder ???

[Quote from Snipper #5]
[End quote]

?? Comments ??

R

The only other secret sisterhoods would be for seijins who were eventually disowned by the CoGA - so far we only know about Kohdy.
Charles
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]

Return to Safehold