Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

HFQ Offical Snippet #4

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: HFQ Offical Snippet #4
Post by Tanstaafl   » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:07 am

Tanstaafl
Commander

Thanks for this fan tastis snippet. :-)

My bet is Chihiro ans Scheuler lost the War of the Fallen and to eredicate their true memory were enshrined in the two most hated institutions, the army and the inquisition. A truly evil way to rewrite history and destroy the memory of your opponents.
The abstinents are right,
but only the drinkers know why
― Simon Carmiggelt
Post by Boronian   » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:20 am

Boronian
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Tanstaafl wrote:Thanks for this fan tastis snippet. :-)

My bet is Chihiro ans Scheuler lost the War of the Fallen and to eredicate their true memory were enshrined in the two most hated institutions, the army and the inquisition. A truly evil way to rewrite history and destroy the memory of your opponents.

Interesting idea. I wonder how this fits together with Paityr's family mission...at the moment I haven't the books here and can't read the relevant passages but it would be interesting to know if you can interpret the holographic message in a way that it fits your idea.
Post by lyonheart   » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:23 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi Isaac_Newton,

Yes, thank you so very much RFC!

Since its a battle steel sword its far too big for her, a rather small and dainty person, to drag around with her everywhere.

So Merlin is safe for now. :D

You may be thinking of Helm's Deep in LotR, and Goblin Cleaver in The Hobbit; certainly RFC isn't above a little homage to one of his favorite book series NTM movies.

L

isaac_newton wrote:Ah - thank you :-)

So much in such a little space - so much food for wild speculations! :lol:

Perhaps she has Helm Cleaver on her person. what would happen if a battle steel sword got thru to a PICA?

BTW that name sounds rather like one of the swords from the Hobbit or LOTR?
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by lyonheart   » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:24 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hello BunyIpBelle,

Amen and amen!

L

bunyipbelle wrote:Thank you RFC for the snippet.It is so fascinating to read how this storyline is developing.
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by Alistair   » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:25 am

Alistair
Rear Admiral

Wow not a shanwei plant but another member of the command crew! plot thickens!
Post by Tanstaafl   » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:27 am

Tanstaafl
Commander

Boronian wrote:
Tanstaafl wrote:Thanks for this fan tastis snippet. :-)

Interesting idea. I wonder how this fits together with Paityr's family mission...at the moment I haven't the books here and can't read the relevant passages but it would be interesting to know if you can interpret the holographic message in a way that it fits your idea.

Yes it can be interpretted that way.
The holographic messages states that the key can only be used ones. And the only thing I can think of that is of one time use is the revelation of the thruth. I think the gigantic file is not a personality, but the complete library from earth.

This thought was the reason for my post about Clyntahn using the key of Schueler.
The abstinents are right,
but only the drinkers know why
― Simon Carmiggelt
Post by isaac_newton   » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:19 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Hi Lyonheart

Funnily enough, after my last post, I could not not find that name, and so was wondering if I had conjoined exactly those two you suggested...
:lol:

is battle steel heavy? is HC large and clumsy - a good old two hander? Maybe it's a small dainty sword???
perhaps thats why she sits so straight- cause it's tucked down her back, ready to be wipped out at a moments notice :lol:
Of course, you are almost certainly correct - it was just an idle thought.

lyonheart wrote:Hi Isaac_Newton,

Since its a battle steel sword its far too big for her, a rather small and dainty person, to drag around with her everywhere.

You may be thinking of Helm's Deep in LotR, and Goblin Cleaver in The Hobbit; certainly RFC isn't above a little homage to one of his favorite book series NTM movies.

L

Perhaps she has Helm Cleaver on her person. what would happen if a battle steel sword got thru to a PICA?

Post by Boronian   » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:38 am

Boronian
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Tanstaafl wrote:Yes it can be interpretted that way.
The holographic messages states that the key can only be used ones. And the only thing I can think of that is of one time use is the revelation of the thruth. I think the gigantic file is not a personality, but the complete library from earth.

This thought was the reason for my post about Clyntahn using the key of Schueler.

Well I'm more interested what the hologram says about the responsibility for the church the Wylsynn family inherits. Does this textev support a Schueler who didn't write his book and didn't play the important part he officially had?
For me it always seemed as Schueler had a hand in creating the church but feared some later corruption so he installed the Wylsynns as his guardians.
Post by Earldrygulch   » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:17 am

Earldrygulch
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

[quote="lyonheart"]Hi Isaac_Newton,

L

Aviah has figured out that Merlin is not normal, but does not know anything else. I suspect that she is in for as big a shock as Merlin had when s/he begins his/her disclosures. I suspect that Merlin knows CPR.
Post by thanatos   » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:37 am

thanatos
Captain (Junior Grade)

You're thinking of Thorin's elvish sword Orcrist ("the Goblin Cleaver").

Return to Safehold