Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests

Spoiler Ridden HFQ guesses

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Spoiler Ridden HFQ guesses
Post by runsforcelery   » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:38 am

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

PeterZ wrote:She actually would. If she took a known poison, the inquisitors would simply check her vitals then discard her body. Easy escape for a PICA.

MWadwell wrote:I agree that it's reasonable for a person to wear a poison necklace in her circumstances.

However, if she's a PICA, then she'd hardly need it then, would she.....

Except that any close examination of her body by a semi-competent trained Pasqualate-caliber healer would also demonstrate that whatever she might have looked like, she'd never been human to begin with. ;)

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:04 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:
PeterZ wrote:She actually would. If she took a known poison, the inquisitors would simply check her vitals then discard her body. Easy escape for a PICA.

Except that any close examination of her body by a semi-competent trained Pasqualate-caliber healer would also demonstrate that whatever she might have looked like, she'd never been human to begin with. ;)

One would hope that the tactical situation would have become easier to escape without showing off to many seijin abilities by the time the healer moves in. Then again, I don't t believe Aivah is a PICA. But if she were a PICA, she would play her role down to her toenails poison and all.
Post by grendel_one   » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:47 pm

grendel_one
Captain (Junior Grade)

MWadwell wrote:However, if she's a PICA, then she'd hardly need it then, would she.....

PICAs aren't born.
Post by ericth   » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:51 pm

ericth
Commander

<quotes deleted for brevity>

All this dicussion of whether or not Aivah is a PICA seems to rest on some dubious assumptions. Namely that neither Merlin, nor Owls remotes or any other means of observation available to the inner circle uses Infared or multi spectrum sensors, since I doubt a PICA has the same heat signature of a human. I doubt PICAs weigh the same, and when Merlin grabbed her hand, wouldnt he notice if the hand was artificial?
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:58 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

We also have her memories of him grabbing her.

Quote from A Mighty Fortress

“One,” Ahnzhelyk said, her smile going a bit off center as she remembered Zhevons’ blinding speed and the impossible strength of his gentle grasp.

End Quote

If she was a PICA, she would be IMO wondering if Master Zhevons was a PICA as well.

ericth wrote:<quotes deleted for brevity>

All this dicussion of whether or not Aivah is a PICA seems to rest on some dubious assumptions. Namely that neither Merlin, nor Owls remotes or any other means of observation available to the inner circle uses Infared or multi spectrum sensors, since I doubt a PICA has the same heat signature of a human. I doubt PICAs weigh the same, and when Merlin grabbed her hand, wouldnt he notice if the hand was artificial?
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Post by jeremyr   » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:20 pm

jeremyr
Lieutenant Commander

Perhaps she'll have something that will interface with the Key that Owl can't access.
Post by Miscdebris   » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:14 am

Miscdebris
Midshipman

On the first page of posts someone mentioned what the addition of Nimue could mean. I think it is setting up Merlin at some future time to be sacrificed in some coming battle.

Merlin is damaged by the things he has done to bring down the CoGA. His sacrifice would allow Nimue to act as the shepherd of humanity after the war without all the emotional baggage that the war caused. She is a purer form of Merlin.
Post by isaac_newton   » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:28 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

jchilds wrote:My prediction is that the Charisian mining operations on Silverlode Island will wake a big, fiery demon.

Only if they drop a stone down a well! ;)
Post by isaac_newton   » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:34 pm

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

jchilds wrote:My prediction is that the Charisian mining operations on Silverlode Island will wake a big, fiery demon.

On the other hand, true silver armour would be much more effective than nanotech bulletproof underwear!
Post by PeterZ   » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:18 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Well, the other interpretation of that off center smile is that she KNEW he was a PICA then and there. This might well have resulted in her raising her scurity protocols to higher levels.

If she is either part of Scheuler's legacy or Shan-wei's, she would have known that Ahbraim was or had divine/terran tech. Maybe not particularly a PICA, but seriously high tech.

RFC simply chose not to share that thought with us. The best bit of dissemination is performed through omission.

DrakBibliophile wrote:We also have her memories of him grabbing her.

Quote from A Mighty Fortress

“One,” Ahnzhelyk said, her smile going a bit off center as she remembered Zhevons’ blinding speed and the impossible strength of his gentle grasp.

End Quote

If she was a PICA, she would be IMO wondering if Master Zhevons was a PICA as well.

Return to Safehold