Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

How the Safehold series WON'T end

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: How the Safehold series WON'T end
Post by Keith_w   » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:07 pm

Keith_w
Commodore

Charybdis wrote:
pokermind wrote:If you want newbees to see it you should quote it:
I made the supposition that they are intelligent enough to go to the initial post. :?

They are Safehold fans, i.e.. able to find the web site and navigate it, so QED should be able to smell the coffee! ;)

Of course, you have now helped the cause, so thank you! :!:

If they are newbies, then when they click on "go to most recent post" (presuming they are registered and not just guests) then the first post they see will be that one.
--
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:37 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

Just bumping this up for the amusement of new visitors. :)
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Post by biochem   » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:57 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

DrakBibliophile wrote:Just bumping this up for the amusement of new visitors. :)

I still think he should include it in the next volume of short stories. After all, there are only 3766 members here but 100,000s of readers of his books. It's so funny it should be shared.
Post by Louis R   » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:59 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

It's one of our exclusive membership bonuses. To go with the secret decoder rings.

biochem wrote:
DrakBibliophile wrote:Just bumping this up for the amusement of new visitors. :)

I still think he should include it in the next volume of short stories. After all, there are only 3766 members here but 100,000s of readers of his books. It's so funny it should be shared.
Post by Keith_w   » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:32 pm

Keith_w
Commodore

Louis R wrote:It's one of our exclusive membership bonuses. To go with the secret decoder rings.

quote="biochem" quote="DrakBibliophile" Just bumping this up for the amusement of new visitors. :) /quote

I still think he should include it in the next volume of short stories. After all, there are only 3766 members here but 100,000s of readers of his books. It's so funny it should be shared. /quote

You got a secret decoder ring? I didn't get a secret decoder ring! Does DDuck not like me?
--
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Post by dan92677   » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:54 pm

dan92677
Commander

you forgot to mention the 3-d specs.....with the rose colored lenses!
Post by jtg452   » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:27 pm

jtg452
Captain of the List

Louis R wrote:It's one of our exclusive membership bonuses. To go with the secret decoder rings.

And the cookies! You forgot the cookies!

Or was that when I joined the Dark Side? :lol:

Never mind, wrong sci-fi series, wrong forum. :D
Post by Linkmeister   » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:25 pm

Linkmeister
Midshipman

I thought I knew my Heinlein, but I'm puzzled as to which story he wrote that RFC refers to in the preamble to this wonderful preposterous ending. If this has been answered in the previous 15 pages, I apologize.
Post by Keith_w   » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:55 pm

Keith_w
Commodore

Linkmeister wrote:I thought I knew my Heinlein, but I'm puzzled as to which story he wrote that RFC refers to in the preamble to this wonderful preposterous ending. If this has been answered in the previous 15 pages, I apologize.

The cat who walked through walls. RAH merged many of his story's characters into one novel, where they revolted against author-ity.

I should mention that I havent read it for years, so my recallection of the core of the story may be in error.

And yes, I know that the actual story is about rescuing Mike Holmes, self-aware computer from The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
--
Post by Weird Harold   » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:21 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

Keith_w wrote:
Linkmeister wrote:I thought I knew my Heinlein, but I'm puzzled as to which story he wrote that RFC refers to in the preamble to this wonderful preposterous ending. If this has been answered in the previous 15 pages, I apologize.

The cat who walked through walls. RAH merged many of his story's characters into one novel, where they revolted against author-ity.

I think any of RAH's last few novels could qualify, but Number of the Beast really established the multi-verse setting where all of RAH's characters met at a grand convention after a multi-dimensional romp around classic Fantasy and Science Fiction -- including stops on Barsoom and Oz.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)

Return to Safehold