Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests

Like A Mighty Army Snippet

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Like A Mighty Army Snippet
Post by oyohan   » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:37 am

oyohan
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Well, Christmas has come and gone... 72,000 words and I thought we might get a Christmas present from MWW but alas...no joy.

Maybe if enough of us beg, we might get a NYE's gift. So feel free to grovel.

Please Mr. Weber, I had the good fortune to meet you at a book signing in Torrance, CA a few years back for Safehold #2. The next time you're in the LA area, I will gladly take you to LA's Koreatown for some amazing Korean food for a short snippet today.
Re: Like A Mighty Army Snippet
Post by KNick   » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:57 am

KNick
Admiral

I will not beg, I will not grovel, I will not whine. I will simply ask MWW "Please may we have more of something new, please".
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by FriarBob   » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:01 pm

FriarBob
Rear Admiral

What your favorite writer doesn't even get a vacation day or two anymore? Man, what kind of addicts are you people? You each must be almost as bad of an addict as I am! :P

Also, I would suspect that if he's barely 1/4 of the way through the writing process, he may not have too many sections longer than a few sentences that he feels safe releasing as a snippet.
Post by Charles83   » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:45 am

Charles83
Rear Admiral

FriarBob wrote:What your favorite writer doesn't even get a vacation day or two anymore? Man, what kind of addicts are you people? You each must be almost as bad of an addict as I am! :P

Also, I would suspect that if he's barely 1/4 of the way through the writing process, he may not have too many sections longer than a few sentences that he feels safe releasing as a snippet.

He said he had around 72000 words and the book was going to be anywhere between 240000 to 260000 so that means that he has roughly 30% of the book done, and this was some weeks ago.

By now I expect him to have already written at least 50% of it. So in other words i cant wait for LAMA.
Post by FriarBob   » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:40 pm

FriarBob
Rear Admiral

Charles83 wrote:
FriarBob wrote:What your favorite writer doesn't even get a vacation day or two anymore? Man, what kind of addicts are you people? You each must be almost as bad of an addict as I am! :P

He said he had around 72000 words and the book was going to be anywhere between 240000 to 260000 so that means that he has roughly 30% of the book done, and this was some weeks ago.

By now I expect him to have already written at least 50% of it. So in other words i cant wait for LAMA.

Well it takes a while to ship a llama and get it through US customs and everything, so you may have to wait a bit...

baaaaaa!
Post by Charles83   » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:38 pm

Charles83
Rear Admiral

FriarBob wrote:
Charles83 wrote:

Well it takes a while to ship a llama and get it through US customs and everything, so you may have to wait a bit...

baaaaaa!

Hey if the title of the next book is confirmed then the acronym is LAMA.
Post by Spacekiwi   » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:12 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Break out the LAMA SONG!

=D
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by jeremyr   » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:10 pm