Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 59 guests

Still lots of guests here on the site, I guess.

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Still lots of guests here on the site, I guess.
Post by Mycall4me   » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:56 pm

Mycall4me
Commander

So I found the "How the Safehold series WON'T end" thread at the end of the Dahak threads, (I've seen it before a long time ago) and because I know that posting a new reply to a thread will bring it forward to the top of the forum, I made a quick comment to bring it forward so that everyone who hadn't seen it before could enjoy it as much as I did.That was February 3rd, it's March 4th and over 3100 people have viewed it since then. Good grief, that's a lot of people!
Last edited by Mycall4me on Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Still lots of guests here on the site, I guess.
Post by Daryl   » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:45 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Because it is hilarious and multifaceted.
A sort of sarcastic takedown of fanfiction from RFC. However he can't help himself but to write well.
Might be just me, but I recall Robert Heinlein's "Friday" that pulled in many of the classics, and tied them all together.
So, was RFC posting a homage to a homage?

Mycall4me wrote:So I found the "How the Safehold series WON'T end" thread at the end of the Dahak threads, (I've seen it before a long time ago) and because I know that posting a new reply to a thread will bring it forward to the top of the forum, I made a quick comment to bring it forward so that everyone who hadn't seen it before could enjoy it as much as I did.That was February 3rd, it's February 29th and over 2400 people have viewed it since then. Good grief, that's a lot of people!
Re: Still lots of guests here on the site, I guess.
Post by Louis R   » Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:49 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

I think that was The Number of the Beast, actually.

Daryl wrote:Because it is hilarious and multifaceted.
A sort of sarcastic takedown of fanfiction from RFC. However he can't help himself but to write well.
Might be just me, but I recall Robert Heinlein's "Friday" that pulled in many of the classics, and tied them all together.
So, was RFC posting a homage to a homage?

Mycall4me wrote:So I found the "How the Safehold series WON'T end" thread at the end of the Dahak threads, (I've seen it before a long time ago) and because I know that posting a new reply to a thread will bring it forward to the top of the forum, I made a quick comment to bring it forward so that everyone who hadn't seen it before could enjoy it as much as I did.That was February 3rd, it's February 29th and over 2400 people have viewed it since then. Good grief, that's a lot of people!

Return to Safehold