Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests

Who was behind [POTENTIAL SPOILER]

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Who was behind [POTENTIAL SPOILER]
Post by america1126   » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:40 am

america1126
Midshipman

I recently finished reading the whole series and while I join the rest of you in the endless wait for the next book a particular thought came into my head.

Who was behind the attack on Hektor and Irys after their wedding?

I know the inner circle mentioned that they could see someone like Rayno doing it, and that a letter was received saying the Rakurai were behind it. However, it seems to me from the discussion Anvil Rock and Gharvai have about it that the letter is meant to create unrest and doubt (even towards Earl Tartarian).

Most important of all, unlike with the other Rakurai attacks or the Sword of Schuler, we never see Clyntahn or Rayno talking about them as something they planned so it seems to me like some other person or group was behind it.

But if so, who?
Re: Who was behind [POTENTIAL SPOILER]
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:55 am

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

IIRC The Inner Circle believed that Rayno would have recruited a female Sword (unlike Clyntahn) and I suspect the woman was one of Rayno's Swords.

IMO She did it on her own without Rayno (or Clyntahn) knowing her plans.

Remember that Rayno and Clyntahn never talked about specific attacks.

It might be difficult for her to arrange for that letter being sent in the manner that it was, but I don't belief that it was impossible for her to do so.

america1126 wrote:I recently finished reading the whole series and while I join the rest of you in the endless wait for the next book a particular thought came into my head.

Who was behind the attack on Hektor and Irys after their wedding?

I know the inner circle mentioned that they could see someone like Rayno doing it, and that a letter was received saying the Rakurai were behind it. However, it seems to me from the discussion Anvil Rock and Gharvai have about it that the letter is meant to create unrest and doubt (even towards Earl Tartarian).

Most important of all, unlike with the other Rakurai attacks or the Sword of Schuler, we never see Clyntahn or Rayno talking about them as something they planned so it seems to me like some other person or group was behind it.

But if so, who?
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Re: Who was behind [POTENTIAL SPOILER]
Post by Joat42   » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:47 am

Joat42
Admiral

It should be noted that not all attacks originated from Clynthan/Rayno. We have several examples of attacks that was done by random "faithful" people, but not as well-planned as the attack on the wedding.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.

Return to Safehold