Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

Update on next Safehold book

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Update on next Safehold book
Post by AClone   » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:00 pm

AClone
Captain of the List

ZVar wrote:Personally I don't mind. Safehold and Honor can both be ended and all would be good. They are both at a good stopping point right now.

I'd rather see more Protocol and Multiverse books. And Sword of the South would be good too.

Heck at this point I'd rather see a new Prince Rodger book instead. Don't get me wrong, I love both Safehold and Honor. it's just I also like his other works too.

That's kinda the way I see it.

I love almost all of David's stories, but Honor's actual tale was completed a while ago. Safehold is at a stable point. Roger may have completed his rise--but there's still mileage aplenty there. But most of all, the Sword of the South trail is demandingly incomplete.

The odd thing being that I'd think there's be much more demand for that series nowadays than when David started it.

I'd just really, really like to have that story arc completed--and live to see it!
Post by drothgery   » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:36 pm

drothgery
Admiral

AClone wrote:I love almost all of David's stories, but Honor's actual tale was completed a while ago. Safehold is at a stable point.

Safehold was at a stable point. And then the last book came out, and now it's at a decidedly unstable point.
Post by Dilandu   » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:17 am

Dilandu
Admiral

drothgery wrote:
AClone wrote:I love almost all of David's stories, but Honor's actual tale was completed a while ago. Safehold is at a stable point.

Safehold was at a stable point. And then the last book came out, and now it's at a decidedly unstable point.

Agreed, the last book clearly established a setting for next plot.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by isaac_newton   » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:32 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

AClone wrote:
ZVar wrote:Personally I don't mind. Safehold and Honor can both be ended and all would be good. They are both at a good stopping point right now.

I'd rather see more Protocol and Multiverse books. And Sword of the South would be good too.

Heck at this point I'd rather see a new Prince Rodger book instead. Don't get me wrong, I love both Safehold and Honor. it's just I also like his other works too.

That's kinda the way I see it.

I love almost all of David's stories, but Honor's actual tale was completed a while ago. Safehold is at a stable point. Roger may have completed his rise--but there's still mileage aplenty there. But most of all, the Sword of the South trail is demandingly incomplete.

The odd thing being that I'd think there's be much more demand for that series nowadays than when David started it.

I'd just really, really like to have that story arc completed--and live to see it!

I have to agree with most of this - especially the Sword of the South!!
Post by SCC   » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:39 pm

SCC
Commander

drothgery wrote:

To be specific the entire contents of the last book was originally planned to merely be the prologue/introduction to another book.
Post by justdave   » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:14 pm

justdave
Lieutenant Commander

Roger may have completed his rise--but there's still mileage aplenty there.

I want to find out what Roger came up with that impressed the Dark Lord of the Fifth!
Post by justdave   » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:41 pm

justdave
Lieutenant Commander

dobriennm wrote:Sad News!

David Weber was on Zoom meeting today (Essence of Wonder).

Said he hasn't started next Safehold book. He's working on collaborative projects now.

So this is probably the Manticore Ascendant series, the Star Kingdom series, and sequel to Crown of Slave series ["which will be set immediately after Uncompromising Honor and follow Victor and Anton (and new recruits Damien and Indiana) as they go hunting for the core of the Alignment onion"]. And maybe a sequel to The Apocalypse Troll [collaborative project info from David Weber's Oct 19, 2019 posting]

The MWW said last nite on the weekly Baen zoom session that this as still on his scheduled.
Post by Jeslis   » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:28 pm

Jeslis
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Is there a discord or some sort of 'notification center' for things like that? Like.. Baen Zoom meeting, with Weber? Where do I find out about this kinda thing coming up in a nice single location?
Post by justdave   » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:47 pm

justdave
Lieutenant Commander

Jeslis wrote:Is there a discord or some sort of 'notification center' for things like that? Like.. Baen Zoom meeting, with Weber? Where do I find out about this kinda thing coming up in a nice single location?

Not that I know of. I follow him and Baen on FB and these usually show up there but I just periodically check his YouTube channel for new info as well.
Post by Erls   » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:51 am

Erls
Captain (Junior Grade)

Did David provide any updated guidance on how the various projects are coming along?

Return to Safehold