Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

HFQ Official Snippet #12

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: HFQ Official Snippet #12
Post by Charybdis   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:54 am

Charybdis
Captain of the List

n7axw wrote:
Draken wrote:It could be something similar to LTE Internet. Also where is this week snippet? :(

Given what seems to be nornal frequency, I expect Wednesday or Thursday.

Don
Charybdis wrote:
fallsfromtrees wrote:It's only been 8 days. Recently RFC has beenn running 9-12 days, so do your own calculations. I expect the usual begging/pleading/whining to start about now.

I am boldly predicting #13 comes late tonight (12/10/14) into tomorrow morning. :P

Proof that as a soothsayer I am far from sooth!

Impatiently waiting - do you suppose that our author reads our pleas and times his snippets to our crescendos? :roll:
-----

What say you, my peers?
Post by n7axw   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:19 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Let's divert ourselves... What's the price of rice in Harchong these days...Maybe the snippet will come faster that way.

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Duckk   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:28 am

Duckk
Site Admin

Just a minute slow there, n7axw. :lol:
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by Charybdis   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:23 pm

Charybdis
Captain of the List

Charybdis wrote:
Charybdis wrote:I am boldly predicting #13 comes late tonight (12/10/14) into tomorrow morning. :P

Proof that as a soothsayer I am far from sooth!

Impatiently waiting - do you suppose that our author reads our pleas and times his snippets to our crescendos? :roll:

Hmmm ... 12/11/14 09:18 Snippet #13 :mrgreen:

So I was (technically) right in that #13 came in the 'morning', but I failed to take into account that our beloved author might sleep-in. Time from #12 to #13 is 10d8.25h. Predictive power of previous statistic is ... effectively zero. We may get #14 for Christmas or, if RFC chooses family over fans (I would, we are a smelly lot at best), New Years!
-----

What say you, my peers?
Post by Randomiser   » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:14 pm

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

I think it's regularly 10 days between, unless a vacation, national holiday or natural disaster intervenes, (see the snippet index and correct for the couple of clear errors in it) so I would expect the next one sometime on Sun 21, or maybe Mon 22 if he's not working weekends. I hope that's not near enough to Christmas to get sucked into the black hole. Last I read RFC works nights, sleeps mornings and early afternoons and does family stuff when school gets out, so the posting times can be odd.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:08 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Randomiser wrote:I think it's regularly 10 days between, unless a vacation, national holiday or natural disaster intervenes, (see the snippet index and correct for the couple of clear errors in it) so I would expect the next one sometime on Sun 21, or maybe Mon 22 if he's not working weekends. I hope that's not near enough to Christmas to get sucked into the black hole. Last I read RFC works nights, sleeps mornings and early afternoons and does family stuff when school gets out, so the posting times can be odd.

So far with the 13 snippets delivered so far there have been 12 intervals. of those, 3 were 7 days, 2 were nine days, 2 were 10 days, 2 were 11 days, and there were one 12 day, 1 thirteen day, and 1 nineteen day intervals. The 19 day interval was due to the trip to Europe. The average has been 10.4 days. Make of it what you will.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Safehold