Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 89 guests

(SPOILERS) Pure Curiosity

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: (SPOILERS) Pure Curiosity
Post by StalksInShadows   » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:24 am

StalksInShadows
Midshipman

Thanks Weird Harold, I guess I missed that one.
_
_
Man is the cruelest animal.
"Friedrich Nietzsche"
Post by Aethor   » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:11 pm

Aethor
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

- Clyntahn receiving a full and detailed report about the total defeat of Desnair/Dohlar army, and going nuclear

- Clyntahn receiving a message from Desnair, telling them that Desnairians cannot send another army and are considering negotiations with Charis and going thermonuclear

- Clyntahn receiving a report of Dohlaran navy being smashed into driftwood and exploding like a Mark-23 missile complete with lasing rods

- Clyntahn being informed that Charisian army landed and besieged Zion and erected a large (and highly visible) gallows for him...
Post by jbsharbrough   » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:04 pm

jbsharbrough
Midshipman

In this series, I've enjoyed the naval engagements the most. So, give me more ICN giving people what they have coming to them.
Post by JeffEngel   » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:15 pm

JeffEngel
Admiral

Aethor wrote:- Clyntahn receiving a full and detailed report about the total defeat of Desnair/Dohlar army, and going nuclear

- Clyntahn receiving a message from Desnair, telling them that Desnairians cannot send another army and are considering negotiations with Charis and going thermonuclear

- Clyntahn receiving a report of Dohlaran navy being smashed into driftwood and exploding like a Mark-23 missile complete with lasing rods

- Clyntahn being informed that Charisian army landed and besieged Zion and erected a large (and highly visible) gallows for him...

- Terran Federation fire suppression systems in the Temple cutting off all oxygen in the room with Clyntahn til the flames die out, plus a 15 minute safety margin. It's a sign from Langhorne!!!
Post by Eagleone 55   » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:23 pm

Eagleone 55
Ensign

Chisolm's problem Children getting thier asses handed to them. Then getting thier heads chopped off.

Thirsk and family moving to the Empire of Charis.

Taking apart the GO4's army.

Clytain getting his head taken off!!! That is is an arrogant swine.
Post by Morgana   » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:42 am

Morgana
Midshipman

Well, the last ship from the original convoy is definitely under the Temple, I think. That opens a whole realm of possibilities, including that it is still flyable and could be placed under the control of an AI patterned after one of the Archangels.
On a similar note, it would be poetic justice (and fitting with Arthurian legend) for Nimue (the PICA, not the original) to become a villainess, whether by choice or some programming error, travel to Zion to release whatever-it-is under there, and be stopped at the last minute by Wylson, who probably dies in the attempt but maybe he'll get lucky.

Okay, it's an off the wall idea, but I liked it.
Post by Hildum   » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:49 pm

Hildum
Captain (Junior Grade)

Morgana wrote:Well, the last ship from the original convoy is definitely under the Temple, I think.

Unlikely. It is doubtful that any fleet vessel could land. They are orbital only, and use shuttles, skimmers, and the like for ground transport.

It is possible that the TF used larger assault descent ships for invasions, but I doubt these are anything other than one way orbit to ground (quickly).

Return to Safehold