Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests

68% missing

"Hell's Gate" and "Hell Hath No Fury", by David, Linda Evans, and Joelle Presby, take the clash of science and magic to a whole new dimension...join us in a friendly discussion of this engrossing series!
68% missing
Post by Keith_w   » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:22 pm

Keith_w
Commodore

I was just rereading Hell Hath no Fury, and got to the part where they are loading up the trains and they are expecting x number of Uromathians, but only 32% showed up.. I am wondering what little surprise Emperor Chava is cooking up with them.
--
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Re: 68% missing
Post by Louis R   » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:35 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

probably nothing much.

occupy Tajvana when they discover the confusion reigning there as they march through trying to make it to the Portal, maybe. or something of the sort.

Keith_w wrote:I was just rereading Hell Hath no Fury, and got to the part where they are loading up the trains and they are expecting x number of Uromathians, but only 32% showed up.. I am wondering what little surprise Emperor Chava is cooking up with them.
Post by jeremyr   » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:52 pm

jeremyr
Lieutenant Commander

Keith_w wrote:I was just rereading Hell Hath no Fury, and got to the part where they are loading up the trains and they are expecting x number of Uromathians, but only 32% showed up.. I am wondering what little surprise Emperor Chava is cooking up with them.

I'm sure Chava is up to no good
Post by Frankjg   » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:55 pm

Frankjg
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Yes what surprise is the Chava thinking up and how will it blow up in his face from something he didn't plan for or considered.
Post by ThisName1   » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:57 am

ThisName1
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Chava Busar launching any attack is probably the worst thing he could do. If he attacks the majority of the world will declare war on him.
Post by n7axw   » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:53 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

ThisName1 wrote:Chava Busar launching any attack is probably the worst thing he could do. If he attacks the majority of the world will declare war on him.

Chava is pretty much a brown vanila thug whose thuggishness is known to the rest of Sharona.

What interests me more is how Mul Guthak is exposed and dealt with. Between the two, he is far more dangerous...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by thanatos   » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:21 pm

thanatos
Captain (Junior Grade)

Louis R wrote:probably nothing much.

occupy Tajvana when they discover the confusion reigning there as they march through trying to make it to the Portal, maybe. or something of the sort.

That might have been the idea had his little scheme to have Andrin and Zindell killed by "Arcanan agents" worked. It didn't, and as such, moving large numbers of troops into Tajvana won't help his position vis-a-vis House Calirath. Indeed, hiding the movement of that many troops towards Tajvana would be impossible even if you factored in any Talents that might help in their concealment (which have serious limitations on a large scale).
Post by Louis R   » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:21 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

precisely my point. although i doubt that there would be any attempt to hide them - they're simply late to the gate.

if so, it will be interesting to see if whichever of their commanders was briefed in on the plot [one at least would have to be, to ensure the correct actions were taken] has the sense to say "Oh my! How dreadful! Well, if everything is in order here, we'd better be on our way. We're dreadfully behind schedule. or is he the kind of idiot who will try to 'fix' the problem?

thanatos wrote:
Louis R wrote:probably nothing much.

That might have been the idea had his little scheme to have Andrin and Zindell killed by "Arcanan agents" worked. It didn't, and as such, moving large numbers of troops into Tajvana won't help his position vis-a-vis House Calirath. Indeed, hiding the movement of that many troops towards Tajvana would be impossible even if you factored in any Talents that might help in their concealment (which have serious limitations on a large scale).
Post by n7axw   » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:54 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I'm wondering if Zindel survives or if this is the point where it falls on Andrin's shoulders.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by tonyz   » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:58 pm

tonyz
Lieutenant Commander

n7axw wrote:I'm wondering if Zindel survives or if this is the point where it falls on Andrin's shoulders.

It seems to me that if David intended to kill him off at this point, he wouldn't have needed to have the young Healer apprentice girl save him - she could have saved Andrin instead. (And RFC could have saved the revelation about the Winged Crown until Andrin's coronation, too). Zindel's survival really threw me for a loop, since all the foreshadowing was pointing to Andrin succeeding as empress.

Return to Multiverse