Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Have Sharona and Arcana be contacted by the United States of

"Hell's Gate" and "Hell Hath No Fury", by David, Linda Evans, and Joelle Presby, take the clash of science and magic to a whole new dimension...join us in a friendly discussion of this engrossing series!
Have Sharona and Arcana be contacted by the United States of
Post by howlar51   » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:35 am

howlar51
Midshipman

Why not complicate matters? Suppose in 2060 American scientists discover a multiverse portal, explore portals over the next century, and "now," in 2160, discover the Arcanan and Sharonan multiverses at war. Lots of possibilities, including bringing space travel and sophisticated technology into the picture. Would Arcana and Sharona be lesser cultures than America in 2160? Would the arrival of a third party motivate Arcana and Sharona to ally?

Maybe the first portal that America discovers suddenly appears in Los Angeles and disrupts Beverly Hills and Hollywood.

Just an idea.
Re: Have Sharona and Arcana be contacted by the United State
Post by PeterZ   » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:46 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Have you noticed the C.E. date translations? Not necessary unless they wish to introduce our timeline at some point.

howlar51 wrote:Why not complicate matters? Suppose in 2060 American scientists discover a multiverse portal, explore portals over the next century, and "now," in 2160, discover the Arcanan and Sharonan multiverses at war. Lots of possibilities, including bringing space travel and sophisticated technology into the picture. Would Arcana and Sharona be lesser cultures than America in 2160? Would the arrival of a third party motivate Arcana and Sharona to ally?

Maybe the first portal that America discovers suddenly appears in Los Angeles and disrupts Beverly Hills and Hollywood.

Just an idea.
Post by howlar51   » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:09 pm

howlar51
Midshipman

Thanks for the reply! :D No, I hadn't noticed the anno Domini time translation. Where can I find it? I just started with the forum...been reading "Hell's Gate" for the past few days and ordered the other two books in the series.
Post by PeterZ   » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:29 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

howlar51 wrote:Thanks for the reply! :D No, I hadn't noticed the anno Domini time translation. Where can I find it? I just started with the forum...been reading "Hell's Gate" for the past few days and ordered the other two books in the series.

Look at the chapter headings in Road to Hell. They bounce back from Arcana time and Sharona time, yet translate both into C.E. The story ends May 3, 1929.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:37 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

PeterZ wrote:
howlar51 wrote:Thanks for the reply! :D No, I hadn't noticed the anno Domini time translation. Where can I find it? I just started with the forum...been reading "Hell's Gate" for the past few days and ordered the other two books in the series.

Look at the chapter headings in Road to Hell. They bounce back from Arcana time and Sharona time, yet translate both into C.E. The story ends May 3, 1929.

It's been a while since I read them, but even before the 3rd book added the explicit CE dates you mentioned David had intended people to notice that the giant volcanic eruption mentioned in the original books synced with (IIRC) Krakatoa.

He's talked at cons before that the original plan was to jump fast forward 20-30 years at some point and have the multiverse open a portal to Earth. (And then as Earth tech got closer to Sharona or Arcana our high tech would start misbehaving as the laws of physics and magic are alter)

Return to Multiverse