Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Calirath Glimpse

"Hell's Gate" and "Hell Hath No Fury", by David, Linda Evans, and Joelle Presby, take the clash of science and magic to a whole new dimension...join us in a friendly discussion of this engrossing series!
Calirath Glimpse
Post by Yulerule   » Fri May 20, 2016 8:26 pm

Yulerule
Midshipman

I feel like this is the only Talent / Gift/Gifted-tech that works across portals. After all, all the royals had premonitions of something bad happening even before they met at Hell's Gate.
Also Janaki was able to direct where to emplace guns before the Arcanans exited their portal.
Re: Calirath Glimpse
Post by Terranovan   » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:22 am

Terranovan
Ensign

Yulerule wrote:I feel like this is the only Talent / Gift/Gifted-tech that works across portals. After all, all the royals had premonitions of something bad happening even before they met at Hell's Gate.
Also Janaki was able to direct where to emplace guns before the Arcanans exited their portal.

I think that the Calirath Talent allows the Calirath to Glimpse events that are going to be experienced by people who are currently in the same universe as them. Andrin was able to see death and war coming in the Council meeting because Ternathian troops were moved up to the warfront in response to her Glimpse. Janaki was able to know where the dragons were coming because the troops he directed were able to see where the dragons were going to fly (slightly incorrect tense there, because English syntax doesn't have one for multiple places in time - I''m reminded here of what I heard about the "proleptic gerundive" tense for Latin in some commentary for Snippets on David Drake's Carce series).
I doubt that RFC will reply to this with anything more than a grin and "Tum, te, tum, te, tum..."

Return to Multiverse