Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

When will Multiverse#4 hit the shelves?

"Hell's Gate" and "Hell Hath No Fury", by David, Linda Evans, and Joelle Presby, take the clash of science and magic to a whole new dimension...join us in a friendly discussion of this engrossing series!
Re: When will Multiverse#4 hit the shelves?
Post by cnrd22   » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:06 pm

cnrd22
Lieutenant Commander

Jonathan_S wrote:[
Saw a tweet from Joelle from a couple days ago saying that she's "halfway through the new novel's 1st draft"

So somewhere between your best (draft complete) and worst (draft not started) cases.

That probably refers to JP's first solo book for Baen (she has a two book contact as a solo author); there is not yet (as of the interview at SF signal not long ago) a contract for book 4 though DW said he expects that to happen soon as RTH seems to be doing well

The link is here (very interesting though little new beyond the usual known but a lot of great anecdotes from DW); part two has more substantive stuff about the Honorverse (see that forum for link/discussion); nothing about Safehold though beyond the known anecdotes:

http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/2016/0 ... -part-one/
Post by Jonathan_S   » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:11 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

cnrd22 wrote:
Jonathan_S wrote:[
Saw a tweet from Joelle from a couple days ago saying that she's "halfway through the new novel's 1st draft"

So somewhere between your best (draft complete) and worst (draft not started) cases.

That probably refers to JP's first solo book for Baen (she has a two book contact as a solo author); there is not yet (as of the interview at SF signal not long ago) a contract for book 4 though DW said he expects that to happen soon as RTH seems to be doing well

The link is here (very interesting though little new beyond the usual known but a lot of great anecdotes from DW); part two has more substantive stuff about the Honorverse (see that forum for link/discussion); nothing about Safehold though beyond the known anecdotes:

http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/2016/0 ... -part-one/
Ah, did not know about that solo contract. Thanks for the correction and information.
Post by cnrd22   » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:25 pm

cnrd22
Lieutenant Commander

Jonathan_S wrote: Thanks for the correction and information.

Well, I hoped for more information about the next Multiverse too, but there was nothing concrete beyond the "not yet but expected soon" contract for book 4, and the retelling of how DW envisioned dragons erupting in Georgia of our Earth that led to the creation of this series

JP did not say anything about her solo books beyond the draft being at the stage mentioned above
Post by joker 53   » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:06 am

joker 53
Midshipman

Okay David' you have left a pretty good "cliff hanger" for us. I'm almost 79 years old. I've read all of your books (in hard cover and the special leather bound books), and I don't want to wait the same number of years for the next book as we waited for the last one (I may not have time!). Please go back to your typewriter and slave away. We also need the next Safehold book out SOON.

Sherm

Return to Multiverse