Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Portal loops(spoilers)

"Hell's Gate" and "Hell Hath No Fury", by David, Linda Evans, and Joelle Presby, take the clash of science and magic to a whole new dimension...join us in a friendly discussion of this engrossing series!
Portal loops(spoilers)
Post by SYED   » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:27 am

SYED
Rear Admiral

They never had a loop like the Karys and Kelsayr chains create, they might even call it the Traisum Loop. The thing is did they never have had potal come back on it self, so i wonder if a portal ever was found to go to a known system even if it was far further seperated that this loop.
I was wondering this because hell gate has so many portals, i wonder if they link to other sharonan or arcanum frontier advancements. That is sure to cause trouble, as it allows aditional forces to be deployed, or other fronts need to be enforced.
I never got the impression this was the only point they were advancing.
Re: Portal loops(spoilers)
Post by bkwormlisa   » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:35 am

bkwormlisa
Commander

The Sharonians have never had two portal chains connect, no matter how far apart they were. That's why there were so surprised by the loop. I don't believe we have any information on Arcanan portal loops, positive or negative. If I remember correctly, one side or the other was wondering if that would happen given how active the Hell's Gate cluster is.

I don't think either side was "advancing" down any other front in the war (aside from the loop, which the Arcanans were taking and now the Sharonians will). Both are still exploring many other universes and portals, though as far as I know, neither had entered any of the Hell's Gate portals until chan Baskay went there. They knew of them, but nobody mentioned exploring them.
Post by SYED   » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:41 pm

SYED
Rear Admiral

The thing is the frontiers are so distant that the surveyers out there might not even have heard of the war yet, so still advancing. I dont remembers an order sent out to stop surveyss on both sides.
So if discovered, it might increase logistical issues or decrease them, depending on development and distance.
We know a group ran to safety by going through an unknown portal, so they might reach a world being surveyed. So either increase priority of development on that chain, and moving of forces to support the war there. As no one would be aware of the fact the portal is a risk to them, and due to limited numbers, wont spare the resources to survey them properly.
Post by Astelon   » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:27 pm

Astelon
Commander

It is likely that most, if not all, sharonian surveyors have heard the news. for one team to not have heard means that they have been out of communication for three(?) months. It doesn't seem like the portal authority would like that. I doubt all of the arcanan survey forces have heard the news, it is just traveling to slowly to have reached every frontier force.

I seriously doubt Sharona will stop surveying, their survey teams are civilian after all. The needs of the war will likely slow down survey efforts; the necessary talents drawn into active service instead. Arcana may stop survey efforts completely, depending on how serious a threat they think Sharonan poses. Their survey forces are active duty military units, so they may decide those units are needed to fight instead of survey.
Post by SYED   » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:31 pm

SYED
Rear Admiral

The empire has only encountered about half dozen triple portal worlds, so they only have that many paths of advancement. Did it ever mentioned how many triple worlds the arcanum forces have discovered? I wonder if they ever discover a portal loop like the one they are fighting over. Is it coincidence it s near a world with so many portals of its own?

Return to Multiverse