Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Progress report

"Hell's Gate" and "Hell Hath No Fury", by David, Linda Evans, and Joelle Presby, take the clash of science and magic to a whole new dimension...join us in a friendly discussion of this engrossing series!
Re: Progress report
Post by sultan20   » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:47 am

sultan20
Midshipman

It looks like I'm getting the Friday 6pm time slot at HonorCon14 for THE ROAD TO HELL reading. We'll see if anyone makes a recording. :D
Post by tmaca   » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:43 pm

tmaca
Midshipman

turol wrote:
runsforcelery wrote:
I meant to say 2016, not 2017. If we get it in by the end of 2014, 18 months would put us June of 2016.

So that means we get the eARC right after new year, right? RIGHT? :shock:

OK, 18 Months. BUT...ARCS from Baen, which is how I usually get my Weber stuff. Not a matter of cost, a matter of getting it as soon as I can and not minding that they're unproofed. Will there be an ARC of the book, abd, if so, what's the usual lag time from submision to ARC?
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:20 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

tmaca wrote:
runsforcelery wrote:
I meant to say 2016, not 2017. If we get it in by the end of 2014, 18 months would put us June of 2016.

turol wrote:So that means we get the eARC right after new year, right? RIGHT? :shock:

OK, 18 Months. BUT...ARCS from Baen, which is how I usually get my Weber stuff. Not a matter of cost, a matter of getting it as soon as I can and not minding that they're unproofed. Will there be an ARC of the book, abd, if so, what's the usual lag time from submision to ARC?

Welcome to the forums. Have an Old Tilman at the virtual bar on the house.

To answer your question, Baen starts selling the bundles of books about 3 months before publication. 3 months out, the publish the first half, 2 months out the next quarter, 1 month out, the last quarter. I assume the EARCs are about the same, but I always buy the bundles anyway.($18 for 6 or 7 books, even if some of the books aren't ones I would normally read).
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Jonathan_S   » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:57 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:
tmaca wrote:OK, 18 Months. BUT...ARCS from Baen, which is how I usually get my Weber stuff. Not a matter of cost, a matter of getting it as soon as I can and not minding that they're unproofed. Will there be an ARC of the book, abd, if so, what's the usual lag time from submision to ARC?

Welcome to the forums. Have an Old Tilman at the virtual bar on the house.

To answer your question, Baen starts selling the bundles of books about 3 months before publication. 3 months out, the publish the first half, 2 months out the next quarter, 1 month out, the last quarter. I assume the EARCs are about the same, but I always buy the bundles anyway.($18 for 6 or 7 books, even if some of the books aren't ones I would normally read).

eARCs are normally about 3-4 months out, because that's when the manuscript usually gets turned in. But, occasionally, a book gets held back for publishing schedule reasons and the eARC is released much earlier.

For an extreme example the eARC for the David Weber and Timothy Zahn novel 'A Call to Duty' went up around Christmas 2013 - but the book wasn't published until early Oct 2014; just a hair over 9 months later!

So if Baen gets the manuscript for the next book, but is holding it until they can republish the first two, they might well release the eARC much earlier than usual. (Or at least we can hope they do)
Post by 509Seawolf   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:12 am

509Seawolf
Midshipman

I just happy there is going to be a Book #3 and #4!!!..

RFC's stuff is always worth the wait.
Post by 509Seawolf   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:14 am

509Seawolf
Midshipman

I am just happy that there will be a book #3 and #4!
Post by xrayangiodoc   » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:53 am

xrayangiodoc
Ensign

Wonder if any gates that open to our world will make their appearance?
Post by Randallw   » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:16 pm

Randallw
Ensign

Does anyone have an idea how long book 3 will be? I know hell's gate was split in two, so can we expect over 1000 pages for the next book, or will it be more like half that size as with book 2?
Post by DWeberAddict   » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:42 am

DWeberAddict
Midshipman

Joelle Presby

Writer

I've heard that Baen Books has the book penciled in for a March 2016 release in stores.

David Weber and I have plans to complete the series which would absolutely involve a book 4 and beyond. Whether or not we get to do so will depend greatly on the readers' responses to The Road To Hell.

Thanks,
Joelle Presby
Post by Glauraung   » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:55 pm

Glauraung
Midshipman

Thanks Joelle,

Did they ever post your reading at HonorCon? I never had a chance to hear it.

Return to Multiverse