Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Multiverse Book #3

"Hell's Gate" and "Hell Hath No Fury", by David, Linda Evans, and Joelle Presby, take the clash of science and magic to a whole new dimension...join us in a friendly discussion of this engrossing series!
Re: Multiverse Book #3
Post by n7axw   » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:36 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

umbrarchist wrote:Internal combustion engines are mentioned in book #1 but no talk of actual application in vehicles either rolling or flying.

Not yet. But if the series continues, it is coming. In our timelime, ices propelling ground vehicles and aircraft are roughly in the same time frame. I wonder how it will work out for Sharona. The need for an airforce to counter Arcana's dragons put a sort of different pressure on Sharona. It should be interesting to find out.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Re: Multiverse Book #3
Post by ThisName1   » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:31 pm

ThisName1
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

n7axw wrote:
umbrarchist wrote:Internal combustion engines are mentioned in book #1 but no talk of actual application in vehicles either rolling or flying.

Not yet. But if the series continues, it is coming. In our timelime, ices propelling ground vehicles and aircraft are roughly in the same time frame. I wonder how it will work out for Sharona. The need for an airforce to counter Arcana's dragons put a sort of different pressure on Sharona. It should be interesting to find out.

Don

-

Well WW1 and WW2 pushed flight technology incredibly fast. With the demonstrated effectiveness of the arcanan dragons I don't see everyone on sharona being stupid enough to not try and make their own airforce. And given the energy density of gasoline and the power you can get from internal combustion over steam I see those engines being pushed hard.

Return to Multiverse