Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

Seriously (Weber & co) Are we gonna finish this or not?

"Hell's Gate" and "Hell Hath No Fury", by David, Linda Evans, and Joelle Presby, take the clash of science and magic to a whole new dimension...join us in a friendly discussion of this engrossing series!
Seriously (Weber & co) Are we gonna finish this or not?
Post by Paradis   » Mon May 13, 2019 2:47 pm

Paradis
Midshipman

I hate to be "that guy" who goes on a self righteous diatribe about what we the readers deserve...

But i need to know whether you plan to finish this, David. Be honest with us. I've been around since book 1... since the original version of this site... I checked back here all throughout the great hiatus that was book 3... and now the seemingly even more vague timeline of a book 4...

I've spoken to the Presby who is equally in the dark. Truth be it, I love book 1 soooo much, that didn't even read book 2, until there was confirmation of book 3's inevitable release.. i didnt' want to fall more in love only to be left alone like a stood up date on saturday in my junior year.

why is EVERY series more important to than this? The best high concept series in his whole catalogue for pete's sake.

Someone give me a phone number and i'll call up David and have a honest convo with him. If it is indeed done, so be it... but just stop playing with my heart.
Re: Seriously (Weber & co) Are we gonna finish this or not?
Post by ThisName1   » Mon May 13, 2019 7:33 pm

ThisName1
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I'm with you. I've over analyzed this series more than any other and really hope the series is continued.
Post by Riven67   » Wed May 22, 2019 5:59 pm

Riven67
Midshipman

I would seriously like more info on the 4th book also though I think the OP should have been more diplomatic in the asking.

I can also understand the frustration felt by another fan of the series, but to be honest David doesn't owe us anything so you'll probably get more info asking politely. lol

while I have only just registered to the forum I have visited this site for years checking for more info on this book and others. I devour Davids books, Empire from the ashes is one of my favorite sci-fi series, would love another Dahak story. So being a fan I would really love some info on the next book if at all possible... :ugeek:
Post by jeremyr   » Mon May 27, 2019 12:16 pm

jeremyr
Lieutenant Commander

Yes, it would be great to get another book in this series. Or two or three books would be better. I love the concept behind the series.
Post by Down Under   » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:04 pm

Down Under
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Like others I would love to see a publication date for the next book in this series.
Is David's health good enough for him to to propose a possible publication date.
like those above I have followed this series since the publication of the first volume.

God's blessings on David and his family may they all enjoy good health.

Down Under
Post by Donnachaidh   » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:45 am

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

No creator owes you anything including a response to your entitled demand.

We're incredibly lucky that David Weber is so willing to engage with fans and is so open about what he is working on and what the status of different projects is. Demands like this are an excellent way to change that willingness.

This is explains it well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6a1y1pc-GQ

Paradis wrote:I hate to be "that guy" who goes on a self righteous diatribe about what we the readers deserve...

But i need to know whether you plan to finish this, David. Be honest with us. I've been around since book 1... since the original version of this site... I checked back here all throughout the great hiatus that was book 3... and now the seemingly even more vague timeline of a book 4...

I've spoken to the Presby who is equally in the dark. Truth be it, I love book 1 soooo much, that didn't even read book 2, until there was confirmation of book 3's inevitable release.. i didnt' want to fall more in love only to be left alone like a stood up date on saturday in my junior year.

why is EVERY series more important to than this? The best high concept series in his whole catalogue for pete's sake.

Someone give me a phone number and i'll call up David and have a honest convo with him. If it is indeed done, so be it... but just stop playing with my heart.
Post by Mycall4me   » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:54 pm

Mycall4me
Commander

I'm with donnachaidh (see the comment above) I feel we're incredibly lucky to have ANY book that comes out. "Patience is a virtue" and, "All good things come to those who wait" should be the attitude of ALL/ANY of David's fans who are anxiously awaiting for this, or that next book to be written. Quality (or quantity) can't be rushed! :lol:
Post by Keith_w   » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:24 pm

Keith_w
Commodore

Mycall4me wrote:I'm with donnachaidh (see the comment above) I feel we're incredibly lucky to have ANY book that comes out. "Patience is a virtue" and, "All good things come to those who wait" should be the attitude of ALL/ANY of David's fans who are anxiously awaiting for this, or that next book to be written. Quality (or quantity) can't be rushed! :lol:

Never have I ever been a virtuous person. I want the next book NOW! :mrgreen:
--
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Post by ccchuck   » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:44 pm

ccchuck
Ensign

Asking if the series will continue is not bad form -
Every year I select new tv shows to try, BUT don't watch them until it appears they have a chance of least surviving a year. I do not want to invest time and care to a story that is doomed. Same with book series.

Most of us have had the unhappiness of starting a series that never completed - you feel disappointment, and sightly cheated - you did give the author your time and money with the implied intent of more to come.

So to me, asking for reassurance that more is coming in a series is a fair question, worthy of a caring author's reply. But as to when they will appear, oh that's the rub.
Post by DWeberAddict   » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:44 pm

DWeberAddict
Midshipman

my 2 cents.

anyone know of a timeline/expectations on book 4?

thanks. jim

Return to Multiverse