Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Questions about Book 5 Snippets (SPOILERS)

The "Prince Roger" books, co-authored by David and John Ringo, are a well-loved series...join us for further conversations!
Re: Questions about Book 5 Snippets (SPOILERS)
Post by jtg452   » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:41 pm

jtg452
Captain of the List

Michae wrote:I suspect certain members of the Surviving Basik's Own members that had to work with faulty plasma rifles,seeing those members have now received various titles would be more than happy to get their hands dirty,so to speak.

Remember what Julian told Helmut on his flagship about the relationship between Roger and the Few? Or what he said about how the Mardukans felt about him?

One vague remark to Krindi and Erkum, Lord Pol, just to name 2 as an example, and they would hop on a shuttle to go a visiting without a moment's hesitation and leave only death, doom and destruction in their wake- if that' was what Roger wanted them to do.

The good news is Roger seems to be just as dedicated to not becoming a bloodthirsty tyrant as he is to seeing justice be done. That means there will be fair trials before they are put up against a wall.
Post by Michae   » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:02 am

Michae
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

After listen9ing to the entire series over the last 2 weeks via audiobook, I think Dogzard should be appointed imperial executioner. That would encourage anyone not to do anything that would result it them being executed.
Post by Mycall4me   » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:29 am

Mycall4me
Commander

Ok, this may sound like a dumb question, but "What snippets?" I've seen the (really short) snippet here, and there is the proposed first chapter that I've read on Dribblets of Baen, but that's really old. I HAVE heard that Ringo has (finally) gotten the go ahead from RFC on that chapter (and where it's going) but that's not very new information either.
So, at the risk of sounding totally clueless, can anyone point me in the direction of any NEW snippets? :D :?:
Post by Terranovan   » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:13 pm

Terranovan
Ensign

Regarding the titles being handed out - Harvard Mansul (intrepid reporter) may be content with the Stimson-Yamaguchi Medal, but he probably wouldn't say no to at least a knighthood. Maybe a dinky little barony, too.
I doubt that RFC will reply to this with anything more than a grin and "Tum, te, tum, te, tum..."
Post by GregD   » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:24 pm

GregD
Lieutenant Commander

Does anyone have a copy of Ringo's post of the scene where Erkum Pol is talking with the new administrator of his "realms"?

I recall the guy asking Erkum what he wanted to do, and Erkum wanted most people to have jobs
Post by LoveLeo   » Sat May 13, 2023 5:13 pm

LoveLeo
Midshipman

Everytime I see that name, I think of Ima Hogg - a major figure in late-19th/early-20th century Texas.[/quote]

In my city we had a plumber by the name Russel 'Rusty' Pipes[/quote]

That's a very unique name for a plumber!

Return to Empire of Man