Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forum Rules & Information

The "Prince Roger" books, co-authored by David and John Ringo, are a well-loved series...join us for further conversations!
Re: Forum Rules
Post by Duckk   » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:09 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

As a temporary work around, click on the News Archive link right below. It should take you to the same place.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by Daryl   » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:29 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Being a pedantic person could I please mention that the title on the main web page has a typo?
Note From David: Like a lot of sucessful writers - should read -
Note From David: Like a lot of successful writers
Post by namelessfly   » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:45 am

namelessfly

Daryl wrote:Being a pedantic person could I please mention that the title on the main web page has a typo?

Reading my posts is going to drive you nuts.
Post by Daryl   » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:06 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

namelessfly wrote:
Daryl wrote:Being a pedantic person could I please mention that the title on the main web page has a typo?

Reading my posts is going to drive you nuts.

namelessfly, your posts are always very interesting & I don't notice mispellings normally, but I thought that on the opening web page of one of our best living authors it was a little strange that no one seemed to have noticed.
Post by Taran   » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:52 pm

Taran
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Relax wrote:Is it possible to get rid of the "report this post" button and simply have a reply button in its place instead of a reply with quote only button?

Put the report button somewhere else?

Thanks
Relax

Could you forward that one to Gena again, please? It would make the forum much more user friendly, just that one change.
Post by Donnachaidh   » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:09 am

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

I think the report button should stay, it can help keep things at least somewhat on topic. But moving it away from the reply button would be nice.

Taran wrote:
Relax wrote:Is it possible to get rid of the "report this post" button and simply have a reply button in its place instead of a reply with quote only button?

Put the report button somewhere else?

Thanks
Relax

Could you forward that one to Gena again, please? It would make the forum much more user friendly, just that one change.
Post by Taran   » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:59 am

Taran
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Donnachaidh wrote:I think the report button should stay, it can help keep things at least somewhat on topic. But moving it away from the reply button would be nice.

The request I was repeating included an option of putting the "Report" button elsewhere. But a "Reply" button somewhere Other than where it is now, somewhere more handy, is more important than a "Report" button.
Post by SWM   » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:54 am

SWM
Fleet Admiral

You can hit the "reply with quote" button and simply delete the quote (as I just did). Having a simple "reply" button next to "reply with quote" would be nice, but not at the expense of removing the "report" button. It should be possible to simply add a new button.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by White Tallon   » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:51 pm

White Tallon
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Duckk wrote:
Fan Fiction
- If you need a definition of what Fan Fiction is, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_fiction
- Mr. Weber has requested that fan fiction NOT be posted. As I recall, the rationale is that if he sees something, and it subconsciously gets worked into the series he would be liable to the original creator. If you have an idea or story you want to share, get his permission (don't send him the story though) first before posting it here.

I have been working on a short story that takes place in the Honor Harrington universe. I was wondering how I should go about getting it to David Weber. While I realize that as an unpublished author, the most I could do is include it in some fan fiction forum. After reading what you have said about fan fiction however, I would really like to know if there is some way Mr. Weber could read it.

If there is anything you could help me with, please let me know.

Thank you,
-

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Eleanor Roosevelt, 'This Is My Story,' 1937
Post by Duckk   » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:55 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Sorry for the delay (yay mandatory overtime... ~_~). You can contact our webmistress Gena Robinson and she can forward your request to David. Her email address is genasmith@davidweber.net

I do want to reiterate though that fanfics are frowned upon, and David typically only reads stories from authors who are invited to write in his universe. I am honestly trying not to crush your expectations, but it is quite possible that if you do send him your fanfic it'll go straight into the deleted folder unopened.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope

Return to Empire of Man