Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Fifth Imperium Movie

Fans of Colin Maclntyre and the great starship Dahak should take a minute to stop in here for discussions about one of David's best-loved series.
Fifth Imperium Movie
Post by mac1234   » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:49 pm

mac1234
Midshipman

Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:45 pm

I think the Fifth Imperium series would make a great movie plot.
Top
Re: Fifth Imperium Movie
Post by Louis R   » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:53 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1175
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:25 pm

It's been tried. In fact, the rights may still be out there bouncing from producer to producer since the original attempt folded.

As you might have deduced from the above, it didn't make it into production and we haven't been given cause to expect that it will any time soon.


mac1234 wrote:I think the Fifth Imperium series would make a great movie plot.
Top
Re: Fifth Imperium Movie
Post by Mycall4me   » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:02 pm

Mycall4me
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:07 pm

Louis R wrote:It's been tried. In fact, the rights may still be out there bouncing from producer to producer since the original attempt folded.

As you might have deduced from the above, it didn't make it into production and we haven't been given cause to expect that it will any time soon.


mac1234 wrote:I think the Fifth Imperium series would make a great movie plot.



Actually, I believe you're thinking about Honor Of The Queen, as the one of RFC's novels that was going to be made into a movie. They actually started some initial work on the movie making process, with RFC being the technical advisor into the canon of the Honorverse. You might try a search in the Honorverse forum to get an idea of how far it went, as there were several threads running on the movie topic.
I believe RFC made actual trips to the studio that was in the process of producing the film (it DID get into initial production) giving them quite a bit of input for how things would look in the Honorverse, and how the charactors would look as far as casting the actors for the film.
Sorry, but I just went to the forum and didn't get any of the threads relating to the movie. But, I do remember following more than two or three different discussions, with all the latest information on where they were at in the production process.(and there was quite a few LONG threads about the movie topic)
Top
Re: Fifth Imperium Movie
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:06 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1923
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Louis R wrote:It's been tried. In fact, the rights may still be out there bouncing from producer to producer since the original attempt folded.

As you might have deduced from the above, it didn't make it into production and we haven't been given cause to expect that it will any time soon.


mac1234 wrote:I think the Fifth Imperium series would make a great movie plot.


Mycall4me wrote:Actually, I believe you're thinking about Honor Of The Queen, as the one of RFC's novels that was going to be made into a movie. They actually started some initial work on the movie making process, with RFC being the technical advisor into the canon of the Honorverse. You might try a search in the Honorverse forum to get an idea of how far it went, as there were several threads running on the movie topic.
I believe RFC made actual trips to the studio that was in the process of producing the film (it DID get into initial production) giving them quite a bit of input for how things would look in the Honorverse, and how the charactors would look as far as casting the actors for the film.
Sorry, but I just went to the forum and didn't get any of the threads relating to the movie. But, I do remember following more than two or three different discussions, with all the latest information on where they were at in the production process.(and there was quite a few LONG threads about the movie topic)

Try the multimedia topic at the top of the Honorverse forum -most of the movie stuff ended up there.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Top
Re: Fifth Imperium Movie
Post by jchilds   » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:01 am

jchilds
Captain of the List

Posts: 718
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:09 am
Location: Ottawa, ON Canada

Wasn't there was an attempt at an anime adaptation of some of the Fifth Imperium material at some point? I think some of the fifth imperium website's graphics came from it?
Top
Re: Fifth Imperium Movie
Post by Louis R   » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:48 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1175
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:25 pm

No, as jchilds thought, I was referring to the animation project. Which apparently made it rather further than the HotQ movie: there was at least one graphic novel completed, possibly more. errmmm... on reflection, I should have said 'started' - I'm not actually sure anything was ever finished. Anyway, this is all long-enough ago that I don't recall any detail at all. I'm not even sure that it's recent enough that excavation at Baen's Bar would pull up the info.



Mycall4me wrote:
Louis R wrote:It's been tried. In fact, the rights may still be out there bouncing from producer to producer since the original attempt folded.

As you might have deduced from the above, it didn't make it into production and we haven't been given cause to expect that it will any time soon.



Actually, I believe you're thinking about Honor Of The Queen, as the one of RFC's novels that was going to be made into a movie. They actually started some initial work on the movie making process, with RFC being the technical advisor into the canon of the Honorverse. You might try a search in the Honorverse forum to get an idea of how far it went, as there were several threads running on the movie topic.
I believe RFC made actual trips to the studio that was in the process of producing the film (it DID get into initial production) giving them quite a bit of input for how things would look in the Honorverse, and how the charactors would look as far as casting the actors for the film.
Sorry, but I just went to the forum and didn't get any of the threads relating to the movie. But, I do remember following more than two or three different discussions, with all the latest information on where they were at in the production process.(and there was quite a few LONG threads about the movie topic)
Top

Return to Dahak