Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

YES! YES! YES!

Alternate history buff? Wander on over for a discussion about Eric Flint's 1632 series!
YES! YES! YES!
Post by Hutch   » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:15 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1829
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:40 pm
Location: Huntsville, Alabama y'all

Well, I wandered over to Eric's site in the forlorn hope that he had started the snippets for 1636: The Cardinal Virtues (he hasn't, way to early) and ran across this in the "Scheduled for Publication" section:

January 2016: 1635: A Parcel of Rogues, with Andrew Dennis. This is the long-delayed sequel to 1634: The Baltic War, which follows the adventures of Julie Sims, Alex Mackay, Oliver Cromwell and others after their escape from the Tower of London.


Thus the topic title. As you might assume, I have been waiting and hoping for this for some time.

I wish the MWW was writing it with Eric, but Andrew Dennis has done a fine job (IMHO) working with Eric on the Italian/Papal stories and I am expecting the same level of work on this one.

Now I need to take a walk to settle down...still drummnig my feet in joy.
***********************************************
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Top
Re: YES! YES! YES!
Post by Daryl   » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:43 am

Daryl
Admiral

Posts: 2115
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

Cardinal virtues snippets started today (16 Mar 2015).
Yea!


Hutch wrote:Well, I wandered over to Eric's site in the forlorn hope that he had started the snippets for 1636: The Cardinal Virtues (he hasn't, way to early) and ran across this in the "Scheduled for Publication" section:

January 2016: 1635: A Parcel of Rogues, with Andrew Dennis. This is the long-delayed sequel to 1634: The Baltic War, which follows the adventures of Julie Sims, Alex Mackay, Oliver Cromwell and others after their escape from the Tower of London.


Thus the topic title. As you might assume, I have been waiting and hoping for this for some time.

I wish the MWW was writing it with Eric, but Andrew Dennis has done a fine job (IMHO) working with Eric on the Italian/Papal stories and I am expecting the same level of work on this one.

Now I need to take a walk to settle down...still drummnig my feet in joy.
Top
Re: YES! YES! YES!
Post by stewart   » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:07 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

Posts: 583
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:54 pm
Location: Southern California, USA

Daryl wrote:Cardinal virtues snippets started today (16 Mar 2015).
Yea!


"Hutch"]Well, I wandered over to Eric's site in the forlorn hope that he had started the snippets for 1636: The Cardinal Virtues (he hasn't, way to early) and ran across this in the "Scheduled for Publication" section:

January 2016: 1635: A Parcel of Rogues, with Andrew Dennis. This is the long-delayed sequel to 1634: The Baltic War, which follows the adventures of Julie Sims, Alex Mackay, Oliver Cromwell and others after their escape from the Tower of London.


Thus the topic title. As you might assume, I have been waiting and hoping for this for some time.

I wish the MWW was writing it with Eric, but Andrew Dennis has done a fine job (IMHO) working with Eric on the Italian/Papal stories and I am expecting the same level of work on this one.

Now I need to take a walk to settle down...still drummnig my feet in joy.[/quote][/quote]

--------------

And so starts the view of intrigue in the French court (but then I repeat myself)

-- Stewart
Top
Re: YES! YES! YES!
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:19 am

roseandheather
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1821
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:39 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Hutch wrote:Well, I wandered over to Eric's site in the forlorn hope that he had started the snippets for 1636: The Cardinal Virtues (he hasn't, way to early) and ran across this in the "Scheduled for Publication" section:

January 2016: 1635: A Parcel of Rogues, with Andrew Dennis. This is the long-delayed sequel to 1634: The Baltic War, which follows the adventures of Julie Sims, Alex Mackay, Oliver Cromwell and others after their escape from the Tower of London.


Thus the topic title. As you might assume, I have been waiting and hoping for this for some time.

I wish the MWW was writing it with Eric, but Andrew Dennis has done a fine job (IMHO) working with Eric on the Italian/Papal stories and I am expecting the same level of work on this one.

Now I need to take a walk to settle down...still drummnig my feet in joy.


*whooping noises*

I haven't been waiting for this nearly as long as most of you, but damn am I thrilled we finally have a publication date!!

Oh, any word on The Vatican Sanction? Wikipedia says it's scheduled for this year, but it's not on the confirmed publication list.
~*~


I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Top
Re: YES! YES! YES!
Post by pokermind   » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:09 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 4000
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:58 am
Location: Jerome, Idaho, USA

For those who don't know Eric Flint's stie has snippets, at this typing there are three for Cardinal Virtues here:

http://www.ericflint.net/index.php/category/snippets/

Poker
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Top
Re: YES! YES! YES!
Post by dvdscar   » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:24 am

dvdscar
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:42 pm

roseandheather wrote:
*whooping noises*

I haven't been waiting for this nearly as long as most of you, but damn am I thrilled we finally have a publication date!!

Oh, any word on The Vatican Sanction? Wikipedia says it's scheduled for this year, but it's not on the confirmed publication list.


==============================

Copied from a post on the 1632 Facebook page:

1636: THE CARDINAL VIRTUES will be coming out in July, 2015.

1635: A PARCEL OF ROGUES will be coming out in January, 2016

RING OF FIRE IV will be coming out in May, 2016

1636: THE OTTOMAN ONSLAUGHT will be coming out either in late summer or early fall of 2016. THE OTTOMAN ONSLAUGHT is my next solo novel in the 1632 series and is the direct sequel to THE SAXON UPRISING (as well as "Four Days on the Danube," my short novel in RING OF FIRE III).

=================

In other posts Eric has indicated:

1637: The Volga Rules, co-authored with Gorg Huff and Paula Goodlett has been turned in to Baen. No word on publication schedule yet. Sequel to 1636: The Kremlin Games.

There are at least two collaborative novels with first drafts completed and turned in to Eric:
1636: The Atlantic Encounter
1636: Mission to the Mughals
They are awaiting Eric's attention.

There are a couple of untitled novels reportedly in the works, one laid in France and one laid in England. No solid details available at this time.

A brand new Assiti Shard novel, which is not part of either the 1632 or the Timespike story lines, is almost completed and will be turned in to Baen soon (and may already have been done by now):
The Alexander Inheritance, co-authored with Gorg Huff and Paula Goodlett. Snippet posted on Mutter of Demons on Baen's Bar.

As for Vatican Sanction, that will apparently be co-authored with Chuck Gannon. Per a recent note from Chuck, he hasn't started the first draft yet, and it's got at least one project ahead of it on his schedule. Chuck's a fast writer, but don't hold your breath just yet.

David
Top
Re: YES! YES! YES!
Post by stewart   » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:35 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

Posts: 583
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:54 pm
Location: Southern California, USA

dvdscar wrote:
roseandheather wrote:
*whooping noises*

I haven't been waiting for this nearly as long as most of you, but damn am I thrilled we finally have a publication date!!

Oh, any word on The Vatican Sanction? Wikipedia says it's scheduled for this year, but it's not on the confirmed publication list.


==============================

Copied from a post on the 1632 Facebook page:

1636: THE CARDINAL VIRTUES will be coming out in July, 2015.

1635: A PARCEL OF ROGUES will be coming out in January, 2016

RING OF FIRE IV will be coming out in May, 2016

1636: THE OTTOMAN ONSLAUGHT will be coming out either in late summer or early fall of 2016. THE OTTOMAN ONSLAUGHT is my next solo novel in the 1632 series and is the direct sequel to THE SAXON UPRISING (as well as "Four Days on the Danube," my short novel in RING OF FIRE III).

=================

In other posts Eric has indicated:

1637: The Volga Rules, co-authored with Gorg Huff and Paula Goodlett has been turned in to Baen. No word on publication schedule yet. Sequel to 1636: The Kremlin Games.

There are at least two collaborative novels with first drafts completed and turned in to Eric:
1636: The Atlantic Encounter
1636: Mission to the Mughals
They are awaiting Eric's attention.

There are a couple of untitled novels reportedly in the works, one laid in France and one laid in England. No solid details available at this time.

A brand new Assiti Shard novel, which is not part of either the 1632 or the Timespike story lines, is almost completed and will be turned in to Baen soon (and may already have been done by now):
The Alexander Inheritance, co-authored with Gorg Huff and Paula Goodlett. Snippet posted on Mutter of Demons on Baen's Bar.

As for Vatican Sanction, that will apparently be co-authored with Chuck Gannon. Per a recent note from Chuck, he hasn't started the first draft yet, and it's got at least one project ahead of it on his schedule. Chuck's a fast writer, but don't hold your breath just yet.

David



------------

Thanks for the update David --
I tend to avoid the social media sites and hit here when other taskings are done.

-- Stewart
Top
Re: YES! YES! YES!
Post by dvdscar   » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:35 pm

dvdscar
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:42 pm

stewart wrote:
Thanks for the update David --
I tend to avoid the social media sites and hit here when other taskings are done.

-- Stewart


You're welcome.

Keeping up with Eric's announcements can be fun. He has five different places he makes them:
1632 Tech forum on Baen's Bar
Mutter of Demons forum on Baen's Bar
1632 Facebook page
His personal Facebook page
www.ericflint.net

And he seldom puts the exact same qnnouncement up on all five locations, so one has to hunt to make sure one has everything. :-)

David
Top
Re: YES! YES! YES!
Post by Senior Chief   » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:08 am

Senior Chief
Lieutenant Commander

Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:02 am
Location: Bear Flag Republic - San Diego, CA

Daryl wrote:Cardinal virtues snippets started today (16 Mar 2015).
Yea!
[/quote]


There is 17 snippets so far on Eric's website and 13 chapters posted on the Baen website.

Does David do snippets for any of the Honor Harrington books and side books? I do not recall any.
Top
Re: YES! YES! YES!
Post by Hutch   » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:55 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1829
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:40 pm
Location: Huntsville, Alabama y'all

Daryl wrote:Cardinal virtues snippets started today (16 Mar 2015).
Yea!


Senior Chief wrote:There is 17 snippets so far on Eric's website and 13 chapters posted on the Baen website.

Does David do snippets for any of the Honor Harrington books and side books? I do not recall any.


Yep. viewforum.php?f=12
***********************************************
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Top

Return to Assiti Shards