Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

1632 TV Series

Alternate history buff? Wander on over for a discussion about Eric Flint's 1632 series!
Re: 1632 TV Series
Post by dvdscar   » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:55 pm

dvdscar
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Eric announced on Aug 4 that Mammoth Screen, the British company who optioned 1632, renewed their option for another year. This is good news.
Post by Darman   » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:52 am

Darman
Commander

This becoming a tv series would be awesome and it would give me a reason to reread the books again.

Post by dvdscar   » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:03 pm

dvdscar
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

dvdscar wrote:Eric announced on Aug 4 that Mammoth Screen, the British company who optioned 1632, renewed their option for another year. This is good news.

Update:

Increasing the bandwidth on a conversation that happened on Baen's Bar yesterday:

Question from Greentea:
Any word on that 1632 TV series that was in the works? Did Mammoth line up a distributor? I know it is the time of year that networks order TV series and set their line-up.

Answer from Eric Flint:
Where it stands now is that Mammoth Screen had gotten a big British distributor (ITV) and a big German distributor (Pre Sieben) interested, as well as Amazon. They've also been working with the people who produced and developed the TV series HEROES that ran for a few years a while back.

In short, while nothing had gelled yet -- and may never -- it's looking quite promising.

Return to Assiti Shards