Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Schedule update

Alternate history buff? Wander on over for a discussion about Eric Flint's 1632 series!
Re: Schedule update
Post by Lunan   » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:40 pm

Lunan
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 397
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:06 am

Silly idea. Brandon Sanderson has "status bars" of the projects currently being worked on on his site. might be interesting to try to do something similar with your?

runsforcelery wrote:Hi, Guys —

Duck dropped me a line to say that we might want to put up a progress report on exactly what I'm up to project wise.



A lot of what I've been up to lately is called Real Life™, and it's one of the big reasons that I missed last week's snippet posts. There are some other things going on, as well, though including the two short stories that I've done for Rob Hampson's upcoming "Legends" anthology; the treecat short story I've done for the LibertyCon anthology memorializing Tim Bolgeo, a very dear friend who was a great loss to anyone who ever knew him; and a fair amount of heavy-lifting prep work on other projects. Plus, of course, having a pair of eighteen-year-old daughters who are in their senior year which has, by my calculations, increased the school -related "running around like crazy" quotient by about, oh, 250%.



As far as what is on the horizon, some of it has already been reported to you, but other bits haven't, so let me itemize.



(1) Tom Pope and I need to get the current Manticore Ascendant novel back on track; Tim Zahn has been waiting patiently (fortunately he had other things he could do) for us for entirely too long. Part of that is the concussion effect on my part and part of it is Real Life on Tom's part. The ball is back in my court on the tactical portions of the novel, and that is my next project in line.

(2) Jane Lindskold and I have signed contracts with Toni Weisskopff for three more Star Kingdom novels.

(3) Richard fox and I will be doing a prequel series to In Fury Born. It won't deal with the characters from Fury but rather with the creation of the Terran Empire under Terrence Murphy.

(4) Eric Flint and I are working on the next Crown of Slaves novel, which will be set immediately after Uncompromising Honor and follow Victor and Anton (and new recruits Damien and Indiana) as they go hunting for the core of the Alignment onion. At least some of the Solarian Ghost Hunters will also be making an appearance.

(5) Jacob and I are looking at some overhaul of the Valkyrie Protocol after editorial input from Toni, and once that's out of the way, we will be starting work on the next novel in that series.

(6) I am looking at a collaborative sequel to The Apocalypse Troll, and I will be discussing that with my probable collaborator tomorrow afternoon.

(7) In the next week or so I will be doing a short story for Chris Kennedy's Trouble in the Wind anthology.

(8) As soon as I have all of my short stories out the door and have caught up with my part of the collaboration with Tim and Tom, I will be breaking ground on the sequel to Through Fiery Trials, which is my next solo project.

(9) My next solo project for Baen will be the sequel to The Sword of the South, which should follow directly after the next Safehold novel.

(10) And my next solo Honorverse project will be the story of Alfred Harrington's Marine service.



So, as you can see, I'm going to be busy for a while. It's good to be climbing back into the saddle after dealing with this stupid concussion, and I've been pretty satisfied with what I have produced over the last few months. There should have been more of it, but I am finally getting back to where I'd like to be in terms of productivity.
Top
Re: Schedule update
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:06 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1891
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Henry Brown wrote:That is a long and impressive list and I look forward to all of those books. :D But I do not see any mention of Into the Light, despite the fact that you are posting snippets from it. Did you forget to include it among your projects, or is it 100% complete and therefore no longer a work in progress?

As the book has already been sent to the first readers list (and that only happens when it is submitted to the publisher), yes, it is a done deal and in Tor's court for editing/scheduling.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Top
Re: Schedule update
Post by Cartref   » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:03 pm

Cartref
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:15 pm

David,

Having gone through teaching both of my sons to drive, I do not envy you the task and then while you get time back in your life, you will find the nervous wait until they return home from where ever they went to will be a trial.

But, there is light at the end of the tunnel, as they get older, that nervous wait, lessens but never totally goes away
Top
Re: Schedule update
Post by timmopussycat   » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:46 am

timmopussycat
Lieutenant Commander

Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:41 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

runsforcelery wrote:Hi, Guys —

Duck dropped me a line to say that we might want to put up a progress report on exactly what I'm up to project wise.

A lot of what I've been up to lately is called Real Life™, and it's one of the big reasons that I missed last week's snippet posts. There are some other things going on, as well, though including the two short stories that I've done for Rob Hampson's upcoming "Legends" anthology; the treecat short story I've done for the LibertyCon anthology memorializing Tim Bolgeo, a very dear friend who was a great loss to anyone who ever knew him; and a fair amount of heavy-lifting prep work on other projects. Plus, of course, having a pair of eighteen-year-old daughters who are in their senior year which has, by my calculations, increased the school -related "running around like crazy" quotient by about, oh, 250%.

As far as what is on the horizon, some of it has already been reported to you, but other bits haven't, so let me itemize.

(1) Tom Pope and I need to get the current Manticore Ascendant novel back on track; Tim Zahn has been waiting patiently (fortunately he had other things he could do) for us for entirely too long. Part of that is the concussion effect on my part and part of it is Real Life on Tom's part. The ball is back in my court on the tactical portions of the novel, and that is my next project in line.

(2) Jane Lindskold and I have signed contracts with Toni Weisskopff for three more Star Kingdom novels.

(3) Richard fox and I will be doing a prequel series to In Fury Born. It won't deal with the characters from Fury but rather with the creation of the Terran Empire under Terrence Murphy.

(4) Eric Flint and I are working on the next Crown of Slaves novel, which will be set immediately after Uncompromising Honor and follow Victor and Anton (and new recruits Damien and Indiana) as they go hunting for the core of the Alignment onion. At least some of the Solarian Ghost Hunters will also be making an appearance.

(5) Jacob and I are looking at some overhaul of the Valkyrie Protocol after editorial input from Toni, and once that's out of the way, we will be starting work on the next novel in that series.

(6) I am looking at a collaborative sequel to The Apocalypse Troll, and I will be discussing that with my probable collaborator tomorrow afternoon.

(7) In the next week or so I will be doing a short story for Chris Kennedy's Trouble in the Wind anthology.

(8) As soon as I have all of my short stories out the door and have caught up with my part of the collaboration with Tim and Tom, I will be breaking ground on the sequel to Through Fiery Trials, which is my next solo project.

(9) My next solo project for Baen will be the sequel to The Sword of the South, which should follow directly after the next Safehold novel.

(10) And my next solo Honorverse project will be the story of Alfred Harrington's Marine service.

So, as you can see, I'm going to be busy for a while. It's good to be climbing back into the saddle after dealing with this stupid concussion, and I've been pretty satisfied with what I have produced over the last few months. There should have been more of it, but I am finally getting back to where I'd like to be in terms of productivity.


I don't see any news about the Empire of Man series here. Is there a light at the end of this tunnel?
Top
Re: Schedule update
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:50 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1891
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Mesa, Arizona

snip
timmopussycat wrote:I don't see any news about the Empire of Man series here. Is there a light at the end of this tunnel?

Just the oncoming train of real life :lol: :lol:
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Top
Re: Schedule update
Post by jeremyr   » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:23 am

jeremyr
Lieutenant Commander

Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:33 pm
Location: Corinth, TX

runsforcelery wrote:Hi, Guys —

Duck dropped me a line to say that we might want to put up a progress report on exactly what I'm up to project wise.



So, as you can see, I'm going to be busy for a while. It's good to be climbing back into the saddle after dealing with this stupid concussion, and I've been pretty satisfied with what I have produced over the last few months. There should have been more of it, but I am finally getting back to where I'd like to be in terms of productivity.


Wow! That's a lot on you're plate.
Glad you are feeling better.
I look forward to the new books coming out.
But I am disappointed that there is no mention of Multiverse #4.
Top
Re: Schedule update
Post by Randomiser   » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:04 am

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1418
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:41 pm
Location: Scotland

Cartref wrote:David,

Having gone through teaching both of my sons to drive, I do not envy you the task and then while you get time back in your life, you will find the nervous wait until they return home from where ever they went to will be a trial.

But, there is light at the end of the tunnel, as they get older, that nervous wait, lessens but never totally goes away


What? There are no driving instructors in America? We clearly foresaw the likely results of trying to teach our strong-willed pair ourselves, so they learned from Pros. Paid for it themselves too (mostly at least)
Top
Re: Schedule update
Post by bert953   » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:34 pm

bert953
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:08 am

Glad to hear that the Solly ghost hunters will get some play. Would also like to hear some peripheral comments about the mandarins "trial"
Top

Return to Assiti Shards