Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Curioser and curioser (spoiler only from sample chapters)

David's and Jacob Holo's newest alternate, cross history series.
Curioser and curioser (spoiler only from sample chapters)
Post by cnrd22   » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:42 pm

cnrd22
Lieutenant Commander

Just got the e-arc but earlier when reading the sample, I realized that chapter 1 Castle rock (the one with the gender sensitivity seminar that sounds just like our times and incidentally for which chapter 2 shows why the main hero wasn't really concerned about) is quite different from the Castle Rock of chapter 4 (which is the one in the blurb) as Benjamin is a tenure track academic in the first (which I bet is actually our timeline for that matter), but the department chairman in the second (which is the one with the 1948 invasion of the Soviet Union by the Anglo-American transpacific alliance under President Dewey, alliance not involved in the European war btw) - this where I stopped for now but the book looks really cool (was a bit annoyed with that sample 2/chapter 1 as I was, not again, we have gender f..g sensitivity seminars in all timelines, but it seems that is just ours ...)
Last edited by cnrd22 on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Curioser and curioser
Post by isaac_newton   » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:03 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

cnrd22 wrote:Just got the e-arc but earlier when reading the sample, I realized that chapter 1 Castle rock (the one with the gender sensitivity seminar that sounds just like our times and incidentally for which chapter 2 shows why the main hero wasn't really concerned about) is quite different from the Castle Rock of chapter 4 (which is the one in the blurb) as Benjamin is a tenure track academic in the first (which I bet is actually our timeline for that matter), but the department chairman in the second (which is the one with the 1948 invasion of the Soviet Union by the Anglo-American transpacific alliance under President Dewey, alliance not involved in the European war btw) - this where I stopped for now but the book looks really cool (was a bit annoyed with that sample 2/chapter 1 as I was, not again, we have gender f..g sensitivity seminars in all timelines, but it seems that is just ours ...)

does this need a 'spoiler' alert since it seems to be e-arc related. I've averted my eyes from your text - just in case :-)
Re: Curioser and curioser
Post by cnrd22   » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:04 am

cnrd22
Lieutenant Commander

isaac_newton wrote:
does this need a 'spoiler' alert since it seems to be e-arc related. I've averted my eyes from your text - just in case :-)

added in the title (it's only sample based but I get the point)

Return to Gordian Division