Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Gordian Protocol Teaser MAJOR spoiler added

David's and Jacob Holo's newest alternate, cross history novel.
Re: Gordian Protocol Teaser MAJOR spoiler added
Post by Dilandu   » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:00 pm

Dilandu
Vice Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:
Now, just because we're making nice right now, don't think it means I'm going to concede any future arguments without one hell of a fight! :lol: :lol:

Take care

I wouldn't have it any other way, RFC ;) . And thank you!
------------------------------

- Who would won in battle between strawman Liberal-Democrat and strawman Conservative-Republican?
- Scarecrow from Oz; he was strawman before it became political.

P.S. - And he have Russian twin, to watch his back)
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:08 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Commander

Dilandu wrote:
runsforcelery wrote:
Now, just because we're making nice right now, don't think it means I'm going to concede any future arguments without one hell of a fight! :lol: :lol:

Take care

I wouldn't have it any other way, RFC ;) . And thank you!

I am a bit curious on which Hohenzollern became Kaiser. Was it Wilhelm II (who was 80+ years old), was it his son, Crown Prince Wilhelm, or was it his grandson Prince Louis Ferdinand? I have some doubt that the Hohenzollern monarchy would be restored if the Nazis had crashed and burned immediately after the defeat of France. However, I have discovered that the funeral of Louis Ferdinand's older brother (who died in May 1940 of wounds suffered while serving in the Wehrmacht) was very well attended.
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Post by Dilandu   » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:04 am

Dilandu
Vice Admiral

Robert_A_Woodward wrote:
I am a bit curious on which Hohenzollern became Kaiser. Was it Wilhelm II (who was 80+ years old), was it his son, Crown Prince Wilhelm, or was it his grandson Prince Louis Ferdinand? I have some doubt that the Hohenzollern monarchy would be restored if the Nazis had crashed and burned immediately after the defeat of France. However, I have discovered that the funeral of Louis Ferdinand's older brother (who died in May 1940 of wounds suffered while serving in the Wehrmacht) was very well attended.

While the restavration of German monarchy was possible (quite a lot of military officers were at least tolerant to this idea), the probability of sucsessfully removing Nazi from power immediately after the fall of France is extremely low. Simply speaking, for absolute majority of Germans at this moment the Nazi government is the one which gave them revenge, greatness and quick victory over most powerful army of Europe (the French one). Short of publicly eating newborn babies, I fail to see, how Nazi could discredit themselves so fast and completely t this moment.

The realistic scenario would probably involve Kaiser achieving power through the compromise between the military and Nazi. Sort of "we both agree that we didn't like this idea, but since its the only thing we could agree on, let's give it a try". The actual removal of Nazi from power would be slow. Even the USSR - which was the most eager to denazificte Germany - was unable to remove all former Nazi functionaries completely. It would collapse everything that still worked in Germany.
------------------------------

- Who would won in battle between strawman Liberal-Democrat and strawman Conservative-Republican?
- Scarecrow from Oz; he was strawman before it became political.

P.S. - And he have Russian twin, to watch his back)

Return to The Gordian Protocol