Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Casting a honor Movie (Voice only)

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Casting a honor Movie (Voice only)
Post by Dauntless   » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:11 pm

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

spin off from kick start a Honor Film thread.

it has been suggested that said film be done as pure CGI/animation which could solve several issues but that discussion if for another thread.

if you were casting an Honor film and only needed good voices, who would you cast.

below i've put forth a few ideas:

Honor = Hayley Atwell (Peggey Carter)
Alistair Mckeown = Kevin Conroy (Batman from Batman the animated series)
Mike Henke = Scarlett Johanson
Rafe Cardones = Nicholas Boulton (male Hawke Dragon Age 2)
Scotty Tremaine = Brian Bloom (varrie from DA2 and DAI)
Horace Harkness = Lance Reddick
Re: Casting a honor Movie (Voice only)
Post by MaxxQ   » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:34 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

Dauntless wrote:spin off from kick start a Honor Film thread.

it has been suggested that said film be done as pure CGI/animation which could solve several issues but that discussion if for another thread.

if you were casting an Honor film and only needed good voices, who would you cast.

<snip>
<snip>

Careful with that one. She's already being lambasted for playing The Major (Motoko Kusanagi) in the Ghost in the Shell live action film. Accusations of whitewashing are flying thicker than a fleet of SD(P) MDMs. Having a white actress portray a black character (even if it's just the voice) is going to draw even more fire for her.

Edit: I can see your reasoning. She definitely has the voice, but as I said above...
Post by robert132   » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:05 pm

robert132
Captain of the List

MaxxQ wrote:
Dauntless wrote:spin off from kick start a Honor Film thread.

<snip>
<snip>

Careful with that one. She's already being lambasted for playing The Major (Motoko Kusanagi) in the Ghost in the Shell live action film. Accusations of whitewashing are flying thicker than a fleet of SD(P) MDMs. Having a white actress portray a black character (even if it's just the voice) is going to draw even more fire for her.

Edit: I can see your reasoning. She definitely has the voice, but as I said above...

For Mike or Queen Elizabeth how about Zoe Saltana? This not only "cures" the problem you speak of but also brings a mature (early 30's) female voice to the role, one that I think can adopt a "commanding officer" projection.

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Post by kzt   » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:45 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Please do this in the multi-media forum
Post by Dauntless   » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:49 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

kzt wrote:Please do this in the multi-media forum

I get the impression that the multimedia section is barely looked at.

I wanted as many people as possible to see and hopefully contribute to this discussion.
Post by Dauntless   » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:51 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

robert132 wrote:[quote="MaxxQ"
<snip>

Edit: I can see your reasoning. She definitely has the voice, but as I said above...[/quote]

For Mike or Queen Elizabeth how about Zoe Saltana? This not only "cures" the problem you speak of but also brings a mature (early 30's) female voice to the role, one that I think can adopt a "commanding officer" projection.[/quote]

that could work.

though i doubt it would much of an issue. Ghost in shell is live action which always get a lot more attention and overzealous fans complaining then voice work

Return to Multimedia