Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Comic books

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Comic books
Post by ZVar   » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:56 pm

ZVar
Lieutenant Commander

Sorry if it was said elsewhere, but I could not find the answer if so....
Now that Top Cow is doing the Honor comics, does that mean even with Evergreen gone we will still be getting new comics? Or was it a one time thing to finish the series and Top Cow no longer can/will make new books in the franchise?

-Steven
Re: Comic books
Post by Phalanx   » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:44 pm

Phalanx
Commander

Definitely a question for MWW himself. Given that the comics were part of the multimedia venture with Evergreen, I am going to say that the comics are also on hiatus.

As much as I would love more comics based on Honor, I was never quite satisfied with the art and stories presented.

Other than the continuity errors(which were bound to happen, so I don't fault them there.), the stories never properly presented the things that make the Honorverse interesting. A story or two may have fleshed out a character here or there, but never in a way that FELT significant.

I think the Tales of Honor concept could work if executed properly.
_

Post by robert132   » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:28 pm

robert132
Captain of the List

Phalanx wrote:Definitely a question for MWW himself. Given that the comics were part of the multimedia venture with Evergreen, I am going to say that the comics are also on hiatus.

As much as I would love more comics based on Honor, I was never quite satisfied with the art and stories presented.

Other than the continuity errors(which were bound to happen, so I don't fault them there.), the stories never properly presented the things that make the Honorverse interesting. A story or two may have fleshed out a character here or there, but never in a way that FELT significant.

I think the Tales of Honor concept could work if executed properly.

Hi guys.

I'm of the opinion that a "graphic novel" (comic) concept would probably be well received and attract a new audience to RFC's books, not only the Honorverse but also likely the WarGod (Bazell) series at least.

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.

Return to Multimedia