Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

IMPORTANT NOTE Heard this from RFC's mouth TODAY

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Re: IMPORTANT NOTE Heard this from RFC's mouth TODAY
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:24 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Dauntless wrote:I think your biggest problem with removing/modifying the medusians is the knock effect on teaching the 'cats sign language. though i don't think that would be that much of a issue. especially as it does not come up until for quite some time further down the road.

Given that you are looking eight-10 years down the road, the knock on effect is minimal - and was basically a reference to the fact that Dr I forget her name, had made the break through that enabled communication with the Medusans, That can be handled by exposition describing the process with another offscreen race instead (since the Medusans will have been introduced much earlier).
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by munroburton   » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:39 pm

munroburton
Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:
Dauntless wrote:I think your biggest problem with removing/modifying the medusians is the knock effect on teaching the 'cats sign language. though i don't think that would be that much of a issue. especially as it does not come up until for quite some time further down the road.

Given that you are looking eight-10 years down the road, the knock on effect is minimal - and was basically a reference to the fact that Dr I forget her name, had made the break through that enabled communication with the Medusans, That can be handled by exposition describing the process with another offscreen race instead (since the Medusans will have been introduced much earlier).

Or even with a terrestial based sign language. Dr Arif mentioned that attempts had been made before, but the cats at that time may not have developed enough understanding of human languages.

The catalyst was Nimitz's injury. No StateSec pulser butt and he wouldn't lose his mind voice. Then his fantastically wealthy person wouldn't be motivated to push the field as it had never been pushed before.
Post by Lord Skimper   » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:31 am

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

Any News on a TV Show / Movie? Idea alive or dead? Have scripts been written? Any chance of a script release?

Return to Multimedia