Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Tales of Honor Free Comic Book Day Issue (spoilers)

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Tales of Honor Free Comic Book Day Issue (spoilers)
Post by Greentea   » Sun May 03, 2015 5:35 pm

Greentea
Commander

It is a very interesting issue and also gives a better sense of Honor's command style. She deliberately rebroadcast the pirate's transmission on all signals knowing there were Havenite military ships in the area, then she transmitted the ship's pertinent info on all channels when he attempted to run after dropping off his hostages and some unwanted crew members. It was a very clever move that guaranteed that one pirate ship and crew would no longer be patrolling the Silesian Confederacy anymore. I also really liked the new artwork for Nimitz. He actually looks more like how I envisioned him. You can see how his species got their two leg name. It was entertaining and read better than the earlier issues. I can't wait until the next full issue comes out in June?
Cup of tea? Yes, please.
Re: Tales of Honor Free Comic Book Day Issue (spoilers)
Post by hvb   » Tue May 05, 2015 11:59 am

hvb
Captain (Junior Grade)

So we have seen the image with Nimitz on the back of the command chair in the free teasers. ...

Are there images of him moving about or interacting on his own, & etc.?

Greentea wrote:It is a very interesting issue and also gives a better sense of Honor's command style. She deliberately rebroadcast the pirate's transmission on all signals knowing there were Havenite military ships in the area, then she transmitted the ship's pertinent info on all channels when he attempted to run after dropping off his hostages and some unwanted crew members. It was a very clever move that guaranteed that one pirate ship and crew would no longer be patrolling the Silesian Confederacy anymore. I also really liked the new artwork for Nimitz. He actually looks more like how I envisioned him. You can see how his species got their two leg name. It was entertaining and read better than the earlier issues. I can't wait until the next full issue comes out in June?
Post by hvb   » Tue May 05, 2015 1:03 pm

hvb
Captain (Junior Grade)

Found an online source:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_ ... 27333&pg=1
for those of us who didn't have the option or for some other reason didn't snag a dead tree one.

So on page8, the insert doesn't have the left mid-limb airbrushed in 'in post-production' like in the main image ... on p9 they are back again ...
p11: the dismount from the back of the chair looks like a four-legs with an extra paw 'post-productioned' in.

p16 & p17: definitely still Avatar (or Motie watchmaker) body-plan, as opposed to the bodyplan presented in the books: mid-limbs are placed right under the armpits of the fore-limbs, and with no apparent mid-pelvic structure to be found in any of his appearences on pages 8 through 17.

hvb wrote:So we have seen the image with Nimitz on the back of the command chair in the free teasers. ...

Greentea wrote:It is a very interesting issue and also gives a better sense of Honor's command style. She deliberately rebroadcast the pirate's transmission on all signals knowing there were Havenite military ships in the area, then she transmitted the ship's pertinent info on all channels when he attempted to run after dropping off his hostages and some unwanted crew members. It was a very clever move that guaranteed that one pirate ship and crew would no longer be patrolling the Silesian Confederacy anymore. I also really liked the new artwork for Nimitz. He actually looks more like how I envisioned him. You can see how his species got their two leg name. It was entertaining and read better than the earlier issues. I can't wait until the next full issue comes out in June?
Post by Greentea   » Tue May 05, 2015 5:55 pm

Greentea
Commander

Yes. You see him moving and him attacking some pirates. He still not cute and cuddly, but at least he doesn't look like a lizard.

hvb wrote:So we have seen the image with Nimitz on the back of the command chair in the free teasers. ...

Cup of tea? Yes, please.

Return to Multimedia