Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

New honor comic at free comic day?

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
New honor comic at free comic day?
Post by SuE   » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:35 am

SuE
Midshipman

look what i found :D
http://nerdreactor.com/2014/12/17/50-comics-free-comic-book-day-2015/#QjmXfoaDHy3iUeaz.99

Scroll down a little, there is cover of new ToH and a blurb, and I like it.

But, what is Free comic book day? I am not your regular comic fan and I am not from US :?
Re: New honor comic at free comic day?
Post by strapakai   » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:29 pm

strapakai
Ensign

I knew there was a comic for Free Comic book day. I had not realised it would be a new story and a stand alone.
What a Christmas present!!!

Now I have to wait :(
Post by hvb   » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:28 am

hvb
Captain (Junior Grade)

Woohoo!

A whole issue (#0) of Tales by May, after we have waited all of December without them getting around to announcing when they will continue the line.

And I can even get it for free* !!! (hope it will be purchasable as a digital comics as well, not a for the purpose only special!)

* customer must expect 15 issues worth of travel expenses to get to the single shop in-country that participates in the Free Comic Book Day (30 issues worth if costumer wishes not to walk the 140 km home), store may not in fact stock Tales #0 on May 2nd, if store does store may be out by the time costumer arrives, if store is not out store reserves the right to hand out costumer any other Free Comics participant product instead just to spite them.

strapakai wrote:I knew there was a comic for Free Comic book day. I had not realised it would be a new story and a stand alone.
What a Christmas present!!!

Now I have to wait :(
Post by strapakai   » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:08 am

strapakai
Ensign

I can try to snag a few extra copies. We have two local stores that do free comic book day. My husband is friends with both owners, and spends way too much money there, so we can usually sweet talk them into letting us pick up more that the limit. Just remind me come May.
Post by hvb   » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:33 am

hvb
Captain (Junior Grade)

Sounds great, and thank you for offering ... except that then we are looking at postage to ship it to me in Denmark.

Considering large envelope postage rates it is cheaper by far for me to buy it online at the normal $2.99 price tag.

So I would only take you up on it if the issue is a specialty item not offered for sale, which I am hopetimistic won't be the case.

strapakai wrote:I can try to snag a few extra copies. We have two local stores that do free comic book day. My husband is friends with both owners, and spends way too much money there, so we can usually sweet talk them into letting us pick up more that the limit. Just remind me come May.
Post by wetnavy   » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:55 pm

wetnavy
Ensign

According to bleeding cool, http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/12/22/ ... nt-sci-fi/ the free comic book day zero issue is the start of a new arc.

Tales of Honor is poised to break into its second arc this Spring, and as Matt Hawkins explains below, this arc will be all-new material harmonized with the continuity of the “Honorverse”. But to usher in that new development, Top Cow will be bringing Tales of Honor to Free Comic Book Day in a zero issue that will set the stage for the series and also provide plenty of access for new readers, written by Matt Hawkins with art and cover art by Linda Sejic.

There is also a short interview with Matt Hawkins.
Post by Phalanx   » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:51 am

Phalanx
Commander

wetnavy wrote:According to bleeding cool, http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/12/22/ ... nt-sci-fi/ the free comic book day zero issue is the start of a new arc.

Tales of Honor is poised to break into its second arc this Spring, and as Matt Hawkins explains below, this arc will be all-new material harmonized with the continuity of the “Honorverse”. But to usher in that new development, Top Cow will be bringing Tales of Honor to Free Comic Book Day in a zero issue that will set the stage for the series and also provide plenty of access for new readers, written by Matt Hawkins with art and cover art by Linda Sejic.

There is also a short interview with Matt Hawkins.

I look forward to this new series and hope that it sells well, as I know that Comic books are in decline. However, the comics that are tied to TV and Movies are doing okay, so why not comics tied to a Novel series.

The bonus for us fans is that we get original stories.
_

Return to Multimedia