Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

So... Elric Sector

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
So... Elric Sector
Post by Halcyon   » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:42 pm

Halcyon
Ensign

First I just want to say that once I figured out "level boosters," the game sort of opened up.

Currently running "The Blackavar" Heavy(?) Cruiser:

Bridge Level 8
Photo Charged Thrusters Level 6
Optimization Unit Upgrading to Level 7
Level Booster III Level 7
Bunine Rad Thrusters Upgrading to Level 6
Upgrade Ventricle Upgrading to Level 7
Fusion Metal Materializer Upgrading to Level 7
Particulate Synthesizer Upgrading to Level 7
Plasma G90 Synthreactor Level 7

Sidewalls Level 5
Interferant Optic Armor Level 3
Level Booster II Level 6
Level Booster II Level 6
Level Booster II Level 2
Siphoning Energizer Level 6
Prismatic Optic Armor Level 4

Lasers Level 7
Q-Switched Phaser Level 6
Level Booster II Level 6
Level Booster II Level 6
Full Spectrum Integrator Level 5
Parallel Wave Phaser Level 6

Counter Missiles Level 6
Level Booster II Level 6
Photonic Tracking Level 6
Full Spectrum CM Integrator Level 7
Hypervalent System Level 6
DNI Intellic Simulator Level 6
Hypervalent System Level 6

ECM Level 7
Ternary ECM Proc Level 4
Level Booster II Level 6
Level Booster II Level 6
Magnetic Field Level 4
BuShips Intelic ECM Integrator Level 5
BuShips Intelic ECM Integrator Level 6

Engineering Level 6
500mm Alloy Armor Level 3
800mm Alloy Armor Level 4
Level Booster II Level 6
Photonic Computer Level 4
Intelic Evasion Computer Level 5
Nanite Fluid Distributor Level 4
Diagnostic Unit Level 4

Weapons Level 6
Prototype Z-AZ Booster Level 4
Magnetic Field Level 4
Payload Projector Level 5
Grav-Wave Disruptor Level 4
Warshawski Bubble Level 6
Optic Channel Ballistic Armor Level 6

All of the above, I thought, was fantastic. I had it in the Manassas (?) Sector before arriving at Elric. I was floor stomping in the last sector. Took a while, and I even spent a bit of real world coin so that I had cash to keep the fight going (warp charges) when I went binge hunting.

Unfortunately, wow.

Continuity problem:

How in the blue blazes does a destroyer get the throw weight of a battleship or dreadnaught? I'm running a heavy cruiser. I can launch 7 missiles per "tube" as the game has it, which means 21 missile per broadside for throw weight. I run into a destroyer that not only outpowers me, but demolishes me with 1) far faster launches than my pretty-darn-decent defenses can recover, 2) more missiles than I can hope to launch.

A Star Knight Heavy Cruiser has 12 Broadside Missile Tubes. But if you tack on 12 x 7 missiles/tube that is currently in game, that's an 84 missile broadside, or 3 short of a broadside of a Gryphon Class Superdreadnaught.

So when a destroyer out missiles a heavy cruiser that is already armed almost as well as a super dreadnaught class vessel, and isn't a (P) format vessel, there's a bit of a problem.

Havenite Destroyers are out-powering Havenite Battlecruisers from the previous sector(s). Drones are outpowering Havenite BC's from previous sector(s). It isn't just a continuity problem, its a power creep problem.

I understand that you developers want to make us pay for fast upgrades and power creep because that's how you get paid, but the curve is ridiculous. If destroyer at level 48 have the throw weight of a Gryphon Class Superdreadnaught, then I am scared to death of what a Havenite SD(P) can do, and what it will do to my video processors.

I had kind of figured based on early game performance that the game would also more or less follow a line of what each ship/class is actually capable of.

Technical Problem:

My phone simply cannot handle that many missiles flaying around and the game lags horribly, usually resulting in a quick death. So there's the question of changing platforms over to say a tablet. I have a Nexus 7 and a Galaxy Tab 10.1 to choose from.

Which leads to another problem: My progress. I don't want to lose it, especially since I've slapped down some actual coin to build towards said progress (you know, to support the further development. How to I transfer it to another device?

Other issues: Many grammatical errors have been noticed in dialogue. "Theirs" where there shouldn't be.

Overall, thus far because of the ridiculous difficulty curve, I am regretting spending money. I didn't expect "easy," I just expected a lighter curve.

That and running into a Havenite LAC with the firepower of a small moon...

Guys... did you read the books?
Re: So... Elric Sector
Post by Jonathan_S   » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:50 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Halcyon wrote:Technical Problem:

My phone simply cannot handle that many missiles flaying around and the game lags horribly, usually resulting in a quick death. So there's the question of changing platforms over to say a tablet. I have a Nexus 7 and a Galaxy Tab 10.1 to choose from.

Which leads to another problem: My progress. I don't want to lose it, especially since I've slapped down some actual coin to build towards said progress (you know, to support the further development. How to I transfer it to another device?
Focusing on just this. It depends on whether you linked your game to a Google Play account it's pretty straightforward. But if not the game's support team (who are usually really responsive) can still get your status transferred over for you - just contact them from the support link inside the game (from the old device) and they'll be able to help you out.

Here's what Larson, one of Evergreen's reps said over on the other forum[quote"Larson"]
If you were logged in anonymously, it unfortunately requires additional support on our end. We're hoping to fix logins to existing anonymous accounts in a future update.

If you previously logged in with Google Play, you should be able to do this easily with one minor hitch. When you do a fresh install, after the splash screen, you'll be presented with the dialog page for the first tutorial mission where you'll see an 'already have an account' button at the bottom left. If you click this, and choose Google Play, you'll experience a short pause and then transition either to the bridge screen or to a loading screen where you'll hang. If hung, simply restarting the app will result in you being logged in to your existing account and sent to the bridge screen.

Once we have some more resources, we're going to revisit the login flow and make it easier to play across devices.[/quote]

Return to Multimedia