Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Diversity

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Diversity
Post by Aqua   » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:38 pm

Aqua
Midshipman

I just read Tales of Honor Vol 1 and aside from the comments about the appearance of Nimitz etc. that I found in many threads there was one thing that stuck out as a sore thumb.

David Weber has repeatedly emphasized racial diversity with heavy emphasis on the African phenotype, however every single character in Volume 1 except for Honor's Asian influenced appearance had a European phenotype.
Re: Diversity
Post by SWM   » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:41 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

Aqua wrote:I just read Tales of Honor Vol 1 and aside from the comments about the appearance of Nimitz etc. that I found in many threads there was one thing that stuck out as a sore thumb.

David Weber has repeatedly emphasized racial diversity with heavy emphasis on the African phenotype, however every single character in Volume 1 except for Honor's Asian influenced appearance had a European phenotype.

Read through the older comments here. That was brought up early in the Tales publication. David has discussed it with the publisher, who agrees and will be sure it is fixed in the next series.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Re: Diversity
Post by Phalanx   » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:02 am

Phalanx
Commander

I just listened to the Thanksgiving Baen Podcast in which they interviewed Bu9 and MWW.

What I liked most is when he mentioned the direction the new comic series will be headed. For those who do not know, it seems that the new series will not be about (re)telling the stories of the novels, but contain original short stories that will be a part of the continuity.

This is a great opportunity for storytelling and would make me consider giving my money on these comics.
_

Return to Multimedia