Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Newest update with points and ranks

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Newest update with points and ranks
Post by longhornsk57   » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:41 pm

longhornsk57
Midshipman

On the newest update the missions rank you and it has points.

How do you get more points?

I killed the first ship in one salvo and the 2nd ship in two, then I got 15,000 points....

The leader has like 2 million points right now
Re: Newest update with points and ranks
Post by Jonathan_S   » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:04 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

longhornsk57 wrote:On the newest update the missions rank you and it has points.

How do you get more points?

I killed the first ship in one salvo and the 2nd ship in two, then I got 15,000 points....

The leader has like 2 million points right now

I'm playing on iOS which doesn't have that new mission style yet (Apple it taking their normal extra time to approve the necessary app update, vs Android which can pretty much push them at will).

That said, from what I've ready playing on harder difficulties will increase your score, and someone said using special missiles will as well.

But mostly, those crazy high scores are because its cumulative. Your 15,000 points from this combat will be added to whatever you earn from your next combat. Playing a whole lot (which will use up a ton of prestige) is probably the single best way to get a high rank in this live event.

(This doesn't sound like a fun format to me, since it seems to boil down to who's willing to spend the most $/prestige to get to the top of the leader board)
Post by Randomiser   » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:29 pm

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

Just today it has been changed so you get one free battle every 6 hours or so. Big Deal! I take it they have been panned so much for turning the live event into a money farming exercise for themselves they have felt obliged to offer up a bone to the players. I very much doubt you are going to get very far up the leaderboard playing in free battles only. The leader now has something like 6 million points. I can only think of 2 ways to do that. Either he is spending a bucketload of money on prestige or he is scamming the system somehow. I do hope they are going to cross check all the really high players scores with the cash actually being paid into their accounts to ensure that only people who got their prestige legitimately get rewards. :twisted:

Another problem is that they seem to be really cutting down on the number of special components given out via the live events.

It's not at all clear how to get a good score in the battles either as longhornsk57 mentions. Is using fewer expensive nukes and Mk16s better than using lots of hull penetrators? What is the effect of taking damage yourself? Is the level of equipment you are packing taken into account and if so how? at the moment its just a morass.
Post by Randomiser   » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:06 pm

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

Read some more on the game forums and I was a bit overly scathing about the leaders. It turns out it was (is?) possible to get a whole lot more points than I thought from each battle so you could conceivably be at the leader's position without having spent an impossible amount of money buying the prestige. A whole lot more than I would spend for the entire game, yes, impossibly much, no.

But the current live event is a real mess, the DEVs have changed the scoring algorithm twice in the course of the event without mentioning the fact in game. The first one eliminated an exploit but meant that you could only get about 10% of the previous points per battle for about half a day. The second one racked up the points awarded again but on a different basis from at first. Would you want to spend money on that?
Post by Seawolf509   » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:40 pm

Seawolf509
Captain of the List

Two quick questions

1 where/how can you see score?
2 Where is game forum?

Thanks.

Return to Multimedia