Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Tales of Honor #5

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Tales of Honor #5
Post by Greentea   » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:13 pm

Greentea
Commander

So I went and bought Tales of Honor #5, which brings us to the end of On Basilisk Station. It wasn't bad. However my biggest issue was that it was really hard in the battle scenes to tell the characters apart. I could barely distinguish Honor and Dominica and there wasn't a chance to distinguish Alistair and (Sir) Horace. Also, I did not like that the skin-suits had no obvious indications of rank (which added to the difficulty in distinguishing character) and the berets were not included in the skin-suits. It is mentioned from time to time that the Manticora skin-suits are designed so that the berets can be worn at all times. This is a contrast to the Grayson ones, which do not allow hats. I am interested in seeing how the art will change in the next arc. In particular, Honor's beret is important because it marks her as the captain at all times.
Cup of tea? Yes, please.
Re: Tales of Honor #5
Post by Starsaber   » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:18 am

Starsaber
Captain (Junior Grade)

I thought it was good, but trying to cram the entire series into 5 comics forced things to be compressed more than I would have preferred.

I have very little problem with the art, but I wasn't a fan of the font they used for the text or the pacing of the comic. Pacing should hopefully get better after this.
Re: Tales of Honor #5
Post by yannosh   » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:43 am

yannosh
Commander

Wasn't bad, but, sure as sugar, it wasn't good either.

The pacing was too rushed, the art too limited, and frankly the whole thing came of as, well, a turn off.
If I personally wasn't already a fan of Honorverse, and guaranteeing for it, my few friends and family I tried using my issues of the comic to get into the 'verse would refuse to touch it based on the comics.

Still holding out hope that HotQ and change in artist will bring it around.
=-.--.--.*.--.--.-=

Ceterum censeo Foedam solariam delendam esse.

Even the best in the world cannot measure up to a dozen highly motivated good-enoughs.

Return to Multimedia