Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Are Sidewall Amplifiers stackable?

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Are Sidewall Amplifiers stackable?
Post by Roguevictory   » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:28 am

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

Because after winning one in the first live event they were offered in and one in this week;s event I have two legendary grade Sidewall Amplifiers and I am wondering if there is any use for the second.
Re: Are Sidewall Amplifiers stackable?
Post by bigdoglv   » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:49 am

bigdoglv
Ensign

Roguevictory wrote:Because after winning one in the first live event they were offered in and one in this week;s event I have two legendary grade Sidewall Amplifiers and I am wondering if there is any use for the second.

No you can't use it. But you can use the rare and very rare(blue and purple) to stack.
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:08 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

As far as I am aware, the weekly rewards are non-stackable as long as they are of the same colour. This means that for a specific item you can have three rewards, the Easy, the Medium and the Hard, but not an Easy and two Hards.

Of course, when fully upgraded, using the Medium and the Hard tends to be enough (if the secondary function is power boosting), thus letting you use the freed-up spaces.

For my Counter-missiles, for instance, I have 4 L10 ONI Intelic Simulators paired with a L10 C6 BuNine Disruptor, a L6 Boosted Integrator IV (Power + Repair) and a L10 Boosted Integrator V. This gives me full power, good reload speed and a secondary attack function of beating down enemy counter-missiles, making the enemy ship easier to destroy. If I didn't have the Integrators, I'd have had to sacrifice the repair aspect and use normal boosters, thus making it harder to fix things if my ship gets damaged.

On a (semi)-related note, if we are now looping round, does anyone remember what comes next in the sequence?
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Jonathan_S   » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:46 am

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:As far as I am aware, the weekly rewards are non-stackable as long as they are of the same colour. This means that for a specific item you can have three rewards, the Easy, the Medium and the Hard, but not an Easy and two Hards.[snip]
On a (semi)-related note, if we are now looping round, does anyone remember what comes next in the sequence?
That's certainly been true so far. And I specifically tested trying to stack this week's Sidewall Amplifier with the one from a few weeks ago and confirmed that they don't stack.

According to my notes the order has been:
Dissipation Field
Quantum Thruster
Boosted Integrator
Tachyon Compensator
Laser Regenerator
Variance Injector
ECM Eradicator
Fusion Synthesizer
Sidewall Amplifier
Ballistic Enhancer
Thrusting Module
Tactical Incinerator
Hull Compositing
Sidewall Amplifier (again)

So who knows what next week might be.
Post by cadastral   » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:40 pm

cadastral
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Jonathan_S wrote:That's certainly been true so far. And I specifically tested trying to stack this week's Sidewall Amplifier with the one from a few weeks ago and confirmed that they don't stack.

According to my notes the order has been:
Dissipation Field
Quantum Thruster
Boosted Integrator
Tachyon Compensator
Laser Regenerator
Variance Injector
ECM Eradicator
Fusion Synthesizer
Sidewall Amplifier
Ballistic Enhancer
Thrusting Module
Tactical Incinerator
Hull Compositing
Sidewall Amplifier (again)

So who knows what next week might be.

On another semi-related note (a semi-chord?) did anyone get the Hull Compositing? The Hard Boss that week kept giving me Legendary Thrusting Modules, and I never got the Hull Compositing from any of the Bosses. Also, I know that the Tachyon Compensator was the first live event, they re-released it after the game came out for Apple. I cant remember if there were any others before the Dissipation Field or not.
Last edited by cadastral on Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post by Duckk   » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:42 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Hull Compositing is the one which goes in Engineering for additional HP and system power, right? If so, yeah, I got the Legendary and Very Rare versions.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by cadastral   » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:51 pm

cadastral
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Duckk wrote:Hull Compositing is the one which goes in Engineering for additional HP and system power, right? If so, yeah, I got the Legendary and Very Rare versions.

Hmmm, I reported to Evergreen that I was getting old loot, and they said they were looking into it. Hopefully they will repeat that item as well.
Post by Seawolf509   » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:43 pm

Seawolf509
Captain of the List

Why would you stack items? Seems for most part the rarer the better. WOuld you not just want one recharge/repair item that gives the best repair/recharge time?

Is there a list of stackable items here?

Thank you.
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:49 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Anything not from a weekly mission is stackable to the Nth degree.
Loot from a weekly mission, however, is only partially stackable in that you can use the items from the different mission levels in the same department, but you cannot use duplicate items, so if you have a Quantum Thruster I, you can add a Quantum Thruster II and a Quantum Thruster III but you cannot have a second Quantum Thruster I.
Hope this helps.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Seawolf509   » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:55 pm

Seawolf509
Captain of the List

Michael Everett wrote:Anything not from a weekly mission is stackable to the Nth degree.
Loot from a weekly mission, however, is only partially stackable in that you can use the items from the different mission levels in the same department, but you cannot use duplicate items, so if you have a Quantum Thruster I, you can add a Quantum Thruster II and a Quantum Thruster III but you cannot have a second Quantum Thruster I.
Hope this helps.

Thank you but I guess I don't get it. If items like the armor for missiles are cumulative I can understand that. But how would additional auto loaders be of more help?

Also how do power cores factor in? How determine if better to have 2 of a item or 1 of an item and a power core.

thanks for your help in advance.

Return to Multimedia