Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

New Sectors

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Re: New Sectors
Post by T. Patrick Rooney   » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:52 am

T. Patrick Rooney
Midshipman

I Love the fact that the new content is out I have hoping I could get a ship with some more slots for components and make a tougher ship. I was not at full legendary, in fact some of my components were not the best. But I had lots of level boosters and had all my systems at 9 or 10. That being said to go gleefully into the new content and have it limit my weapons and other systems to 8th level and make all the refreshes on ECM/Laser/Counter Missile so slow. I agree that the missiles load so much faster and that is spiffy but it is doing me no good when I cannot defend the ship. This playing a wargame/massive pathetic downgrade to my ship systems is a real crusher, I cannot even fight the white encounters in this new goofy ship. I honestly thought this was going to be fun... what a loser I feel like now. I bought some prestige just to try to power through these fights in the hopes that eventually we will get a ship that IS and upgrade however even that failed as it's been over 13 hours now and still no update in my prestige (got email receipt though) SO even blowing through content HOPING to get to an UPGRADE ship isn't working. This is a bummer. If you had asked me last week I would sworn of course the new ships will be better with more component slots and more hull strength. The last thing I ever would have guessed was a crushing downgrade with refresh rates so slow you cannot win a single fight. :geek:
Post by kenflynn   » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:25 pm

kenflynn
Midshipman

Duckk wrote:I beat in about half an hour after I got the patch last night. A ship with all the legendary upgrades can clear it fairly easily.

I moved a bit slower to try and savor the new content a bit longer but yes it is easily beatable with a ship full of legendary components. Hoping that being given HMS Diomedes at the end is a harbinger of more challenging sectors! In the meantime, I'm beating up on the Live Events to get all of the special components I missed out on before.
Post by kenflynn   » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:27 pm

kenflynn
Midshipman

T. Patrick Rooney wrote:I Love the fact that the new content is out I have hoping I could get a ship with some more slots for components and make a tougher ship. I was not at full legendary, in fact some of my components were not the best. But I had lots of level boosters and had all my systems at 9 or 10. That being said to go gleefully into the new content and have it limit my weapons and other systems to 8th level and make all the refreshes on ECM/Laser/Counter Missile so slow. I agree that the missiles load so much faster and that is spiffy but it is doing me no good when I cannot defend the ship. This playing a wargame/massive pathetic downgrade to my ship systems is a real crusher, I cannot even fight the white encounters in this new goofy ship. I honestly thought this was going to be fun... what a loser I feel like now. I bought some prestige just to try to power through these fights in the hopes that eventually we will get a ship that IS and upgrade however even that failed as it's been over 13 hours now and still no update in my prestige (got email receipt though) SO even blowing through content HOPING to get to an UPGRADE ship isn't working. This is a bummer. If you had asked me last week I would sworn of course the new ships will be better with more component slots and more hull strength. The last thing I ever would have guessed was a crushing downgrade with refresh rates so slow you cannot win a single fight. :geek:

If you can some way get to the last battle in the Thetis Sector I think you will be happy with the ship upgrade. Guessing that we will need that upgraded ship (with more component slots) for upcoming sectors.
Post by T. Patrick Rooney   » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:55 pm

T. Patrick Rooney
Midshipman

kenflynn wrote:
T. Patrick Rooney wrote:I Love the fact that the new content is out I have hoping I could get a ship with some more slots for components and make a tougher ship. I was not at full legendary, in fact some of my components were not the best. But I had lots of level boosters and had all my systems at 9 or 10. That being said to go gleefully into the new content and have it limit my weapons and other systems to 8th level and make all the refreshes on ECM/Laser/Counter Missile so slow. I agree that the missiles load so much faster and that is spiffy but it is doing me no good when I cannot defend the ship. This playing a wargame/massive pathetic downgrade to my ship systems is a real crusher, I cannot even fight the white encounters in this new goofy ship. I honestly thought this was going to be fun... what a loser I feel like now. I bought some prestige just to try to power through these fights in the hopes that eventually we will get a ship that IS and upgrade however even that failed as it's been over 13 hours now and still no update in my prestige (got email receipt though) SO even blowing through content HOPING to get to an UPGRADE ship isn't working. This is a bummer. If you had asked me last week I would sworn of course the new ships will be better with more component slots and more hull strength. The last thing I ever would have guessed was a crushing downgrade with refresh rates so slow you cannot win a single fight. :geek:

If you can some way get to the last battle in the Thetis Sector I think you will be happy with the ship upgrade. Guessing that we will need that upgraded ship (with more component slots) for upcoming sectors.

still haven't been able to beat anything yet, I got to the Peep ship but it is so worthless, i am barely playing anymore it took me 15 bucks worth of prestige to just get through to the peep ship and it is almost as bad as the worthless pirate ship. I am so bummed out I LOVED this game, I wish I had NEVER EVER left the old sectors for this "new" content, it is terrible.
Post by bitslizer   » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:21 pm

bitslizer
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

T. Patrick Rooney wrote:still haven't been able to beat anything yet, I got to the Peep ship but it is so worthless, i am barely playing anymore it took me 15 bucks worth of prestige to just get through to the peep ship and it is almost as bad as the worthless pirate ship. I am so bummed out I LOVED this game, I wish I had NEVER EVER left the old sectors for this "new" content, it is terrible.

Please post your Weapon room load out and component levels. Properly equpipped, its a breeze to finish all the missions.

Return to Multimedia