Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Ships bouncing

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Ships bouncing
Post by DrMegaverse   » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:36 am

DrMegaverse
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Perhaps this petty and pedantic but...can EG PLEASE remove the bouncing ship effects during battle? It's space, not the Atlantic -_-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Re: Ships bouncing
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:12 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

DrMegaverse wrote:Perhaps this petty and pedantic but...can EG PLEASE remove the bouncing ship effects during battle? It's space, not the Atlantic -_-

I'd agree as long as several of the other interesting things don't get removed.
For instance, as you finish the weekly missions, roll ship. As your ship does the after-mission fly-past, it's still rolled (Proof of in-game engine as opposed to standard cut-scenes)! Then it rolls back in the Department-Selection screen!
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Rakhmamort   » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:40 pm

Rakhmamort
Captain (Junior Grade)

i know the combat screen already takes a toll on the GPU of the phone/tablets but, can we have a moving background that shows the ships moving? it's really dumb for starships to park in space and exchange missile salvos
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:19 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Rakhmamort wrote:i know the combat screen already takes a toll on the GPU of the phone/tablets but, can we have a moving background that shows the ships moving? it's really dumb for starships to park in space and exchange missile salvos

I asked earlier for dynamic backgrounds for the "Fleet action" missions showing other ships exchanging broadsides in the background. However, doing so would probably stretch the demands on the iPhone CPU juuuuuuuuuuuuust a little too far...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Rakhmamort   » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:27 pm

Rakhmamort
Captain (Junior Grade)

Michael Everett wrote:
Rakhmamort wrote:i know the combat screen already takes a toll on the GPU of the phone/tablets but, can we have a moving background that shows the ships moving? it's really dumb for starships to park in space and exchange missile salvos

I asked earlier for dynamic backgrounds for the "Fleet action" missions showing other ships exchanging broadsides in the background. However, doing so would probably stretch the demands on the iPhone CPU juuuuuuuuuuuuust a little too far...

uhmmm... one on one during fleet battles is kinda 'off' honorverse wise... i'll be satisfied with a 'sense' of ship movement thru space during battles, even in the old art of war at sea pc game, if you don't move, you die... :)
Post by Jonathan_S   » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:04 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:I'd agree as long as several of the other interesting things don't get removed.
For instance, as you finish the weekly missions, roll ship. As your ship does the after-mission fly-past, it's still rolled (Proof of in-game engine as opposed to standard cut-scenes)! Then it rolls back in the Department-Selection screen!

If you're really fast clicking past the loot and starting the next combat it'll still be finishing it's roll back for the first second or so. (Delaying your ability to launch missiles).

Amusing, yet ultimately counter productive :D

Return to Multimedia