Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

faster missiles vs faster loading?

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
faster missiles vs faster loading?
Post by zonianx   » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:22 am

zonianx
Midshipman

I have gone fully with a faster loading philosophy. Does anyone use a spot for Warshawski Bubble or any other component that speeds missile flight time? Also, does anyone use a Buweaps Suppressor or any other component that damages enemy weapons systems?

I have this load out going:

Missile Tube Auto-Loaders x2--faster reloading
Ballistic Enhancers x 2--faster reloading + system power
Tactical Incinerator V--extra damage to hull but less damage to enemy system
Variance Injector--slower reload but extra hull damage for HP and nukes
Payload Projector--extra hull damage
Re: faster missiles vs faster loading?
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:10 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

My current weapons loadout is :-

2x Payload Projector (Both L10, Damage x1.5 each)
1x Quantum Thruster III* (L9, Speed x1.21, Power -40,000, Not upgrading further)
1x Ballistic Enhancer* (L3, Load x0.8, Pow +35,000)
1x Ballistic Enhancer IV* (L6, Load x0.72, Pow +75,000)
1x Ballistic Enhancer V* (L10, Load x0.65, Pow +140,000)
BuWeaps Suppressor (L10, Dam/weaps 0.21)

* = Special reward item

It takes about three seconds for a standard missile recharge while each tube does about 780 damage.The missiles themselves move fast enough that if an enemy craft starts by rolling, I have about a 50/50 chance of slipping part of a broadside through before it rolls. The speed also lets me adjust quicker towhat the enemy is doing. If their ECM is powerful, I can fire anti-ECM missiles just after they use it and it'll hit before their ECM gets even half-way recharged.
The BuWeaps Suppressor lets me turn a nasty fight into target practice as it takes down the enemy's ability to fire missiles. IMHO, that makes it a very important piece of kit to have.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by kenflynn   » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:51 am

kenflynn
Midshipman

I've gone the faster loading route as well. Four loader/enhancers with three variance/incinerators. 90% of the time each wave in the Boss encounter are gone by my fourth launch and they rarely even score a hit on my Sidewalls in the process.
Post by bitslizer   » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:49 am

bitslizer
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Faster missile help when dealing with low lvl enemy that roll... IE trying to kill those easy/medium level event ships nice to be able to kill them in 1st salvo instead of having to wait for them to roll and kill them with follow on salvos.

For Hard level boss fight, i prefer the 4x enhancer/loader + 3x injector/incinerator combo
Post by BrigadeΔ   » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:58 pm

BrigadeΔ
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I have 4 missile tube autoloaders
A Warshasaki bubble
A balistic enhancer
A payload projector
A fusion synthesizer
And a BuWeaps suppressor
This gives me ~500 damage per salvo and reload that can fire a continuous stream of salvos close enough togather to have 2 get caught in the same defence sometimes about 1 salvo per second, or 90,000 DPM
Post by Jonathan_S   » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:15 am

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

bitslizer wrote:Faster missile help when dealing with low lvl enemy that roll... IE trying to kill those easy/medium level event ships nice to be able to kill them in 1st salvo instead of having to wait for them to roll and kill them with follow on salvos.

For Hard level boss fight, i prefer the 4x enhancer/loader + 3x injector/incinerator combo
If you get them fast enough the missiles basically act like you got the 'First Shot' bonus every fight - the enemy's defenses don't engage your first missile salvo. (And if you have disruptors in any of your depts then his defenses are damaged by the time they start trying to deal with your 2nd salvo)

But by the time I got to the final ship, I have enough equipment pads to have very fast loading, and very fast missiles (2x Quantum Thrusters), and max hull damage (over 5x multiplier) :D
Post by Seawolf509   » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:50 pm

Seawolf509
Captain of the List

I try to blend both. Seems you guys have a bigger ship than I do since I can not put all those items in my weapons bay. Need speed to outpace the recharge time of defenses and better reload times to force the bigger ships to roll and give you a chance to repair/recharge.

Anyone else notice that all missle types have different speeds?

Return to Multimedia