Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

And WE were complaining?

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
And WE were complaining?
Post by John Prigent   » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:33 pm

John Prigent
Captain of the List

Ach du lieber Gott! We moaned when the Tales of Honor came out with four covers for each issue. Be glad we're not dedicated Dr Who collectors - the first comic/graphic novels have appeared and the first issue has no fewer than 11 different covers!

Cheers

John
Re: And WE were complaining?
Post by Yow   » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:52 pm

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

8-) TOH, has all four. Isn't ashamed. :D
John Prigent wrote:Ach du lieber Gott! We moaned when the Tales of Honor came out with four covers for each issue. Be glad we're not dedicated Dr Who collectors - the first comic/graphic novels have appeared and the first issue has no fewer than 11 different covers!

Cheers

John

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by MaxxQ   » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:17 am

MaxxQ
BuNine

Yow wrote:8-) TOH, has all four. Isn't ashamed. :D
John Prigent wrote:Ach du lieber Gott! We moaned when the Tales of Honor came out with four covers for each issue. Be glad we're not dedicated Dr Who collectors - the first comic/graphic novels have appeared and the first issue has no fewer than 11 different covers!

Cheers

John

Ditto. I also have all three covers for issue 2 (two normal covers and one special cover limited to 500 for the Calgary Expo), and I've just sent off an order for issues 3 and 4 for both covers of each.

I believe the reprint cover for issue 1 is different from the other issue 1 covers also (for a total of 5 different covers), but I haven't gotten that one.. yet.
Post by hvb   » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:32 am

hvb
Captain (Junior Grade)

Hadn't heard. Nice to know the 1st issue went into reprint; that gives me hope the project has not been a waste of effort.

29 Oct. there seems to be scheduled a trade paperback release of the 1st issue? all 5 in one cover? (assuming TP = TPB = trade; priced at $19.99, so I should hope all 5)

Probably coupled with the projected release of the 2nd arc with #6, now with new artist! (I, for one, welcome our new artistic overlord. :P )

MaxxQ wrote:[snip]
I believe the reprint cover for issue 1 is different from the other issue 1 covers also (for a total of 5 different covers), but I haven't gotten that one.. yet.

Return to Multimedia