Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Tactical Incinerator - Tactical Advantage?

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Tactical Incinerator - Tactical Advantage?
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:39 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

The Tactical Incinerator bonus item description states that while it increases hull damage dealt, it decreases system damage.
My current loadout includes system-damage boosters in every section except weapons (and once the Missile Loader/Power Booster unit upgrades fully, I'll be re-installing my system damage unit for that).
My preferred offensive tactic for battle is to damage as many of the adversaries systems as possible since this reduces both their ability to defend themselves and their ability to strike back, thus letting me unload wave after wave of missiles without worrying about any counter-attack. Once their defences are down, their HP will follow very fast.
My preferred tactics mean that to me, the Tactical Incinerator is not very useful. However, to someone who believed in hull-damage over everything else, it could be a godsend from a dps viewpoint.

So, are you a dps (damage per second) type or someone who prefers to chip away at the enemy's defences and weapons? If you prefer to go for dps, then this upgrade is for you.

As for me... well, it sells for a nice chunk of metal :D
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Re: Tactical Incinerator - Tactical Advantage?
Post by bitslizer   » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:52 pm

bitslizer
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Michael Everett wrote:The Tactical Incinerator bonus item description states that while it increases hull damage dealt, it decreases system damage.
My current loadout includes system-damage boosters in every section except weapons (and once the Missile Loader/Power Booster unit upgrades fully, I'll be re-installing my system damage unit for that).
My preferred offensive tactic for battle is to damage as many of the adversaries systems as possible since this reduces both their ability to defend themselves and their ability to strike back, thus letting me unload wave after wave of missiles without worrying about any counter-attack. Once their defences are down, their HP will follow very fast.
My preferred tactics mean that to me, the Tactical Incinerator is not very useful. However, to someone who believed in hull-damage over everything else, it could be a godsend from a dps viewpoint.

So, are you a dps (damage per second) type or someone who prefers to chip away at the enemy's defences and weapons? If you prefer to go for dps, then this upgrade is for you.

As for me... well, it sells for a nice chunk of metal :D

I was a auto loader fanatics, but now trying to balance load speed with damamge.

If you can DPS fast enough, they won't have a chance to reload/cooldown their defense before you destroy them.

using this weeks event hard level for example, the 2 Nevada class will be dead in 3 salvos, and the Vega dead in 4 salvos. which mean i fired 3 or 4 salvos, roll and relax before my first salvos even reach the enemy. The first salvo will trigger all his defense and he die before they ever recharge

this is my current load out, which i'm still experimenting/tinkering, i'm going to play with missile speed boost once i get the loading and dmg upgrade done

legendary ballistic enhancer max
very rare ballistic enhancer max
2x legendary auto loader, 1 max, 1 lvl 8 upgrading
legendary variance injector max
legendary payload projector max
legendary tactical incinerator lvl 7 upgrading
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:32 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

My current weapons loadout is:-

2x Payload Projector (Both L10, Damage x1.5 each)
1x Quantum Thruster III (L9, Sp x1.21, Power -40,000, Not upgrading further)
1x Ballistic Enhancer (L3, load x0.8, Pow +35,000)
1x Ballistic Enhancer IV (L6, Load x0.72, Pow +75,000)
1x Ballistic Enhancer V (L9
upgrading, Load x0.68, Pow +120,000)
--(Upon upgrade completion in 5 days, Load x0.65, Pow +140,000)
Fusion Synthesizer IV** (L6 Pow +75,000, Health x1.29)
**To be replaced by BuWeaps Suppressor (L10, Dam/weaps 0.21)

This loadout gives me fast missiles (occasionally allowing me to sneak a hit or two in before the enemy finishes rolling), adequate damage (700+ per missile battery), full broadsides and fairly quick reloading.
While this means that I may take a few more broadsides to take down an enemy, once I re-install my BuWeaps Suppressor, I'll only have to worry about one or two broadsides heading back at me, meaning I won't even need to roll and can thus safely devote my Bridge space to metal and plasma generators.
:D
If you can take out their systems, you can then take your time, gloating as you do so.
:twisted:
Out of interest, does anyone know if you get better items if you finish a battle quickly? Or is it total damage dealt (in which case, you want to do it slow that you enemy can heal a bit)
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by bitslizer   » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:45 pm

bitslizer

Michael Everett wrote:My current weapons loadout is:-

This loadout gives me fast missiles (occasionally allowing me to sneak a hit or two in before the enemy finishes rolling), adequate damage (700+ per missile battery), full broadsides and fairly quick reloading.
While this means that I may take a few more broadsides to take down an enemy, once I re-install my BuWeaps Suppressor, I'll only have to worry about one or two broadsides heading back at me, meaning I won't even need to roll and can thus safely devote my Bridge space to metal and plasma generators.
If you can take out their systems, you can then take your time, gloating as you do so.
Out of interest, does anyone know if you get better items if you finish a battle quickly? Or is it total damage dealt (in which case, you want to do it slow that you enemy can heal a bit)

That was my view before also, but the recent events has shown that some of the boss have INSANE weapon repair speed, meaning they can nearly fully repair their weapons in BETWEEN my salvos... and that's like every 2.5 seconds.... that's caused me to rethink my approach /shrug
Post by Commodore Oakius   » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:57 pm

Commodore Oakius
Captain (Junior Grade)

Michael Everett wrote:Out of interest, does anyone know if you get better items if you finish a battle quickly? Or is it total damage dealt (in which case, you want to do it slow that you enemy can heal a bit)

Neither. The developrers revealed in another forum that the item drops are determined before you even select your battle bonus, this way its assigned to you once your opponent is defeated, even if you happen to not make it to the loot screen
Post by bitslizer   » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:17 pm

bitslizer

Commodore Oakius wrote:
Michael Everett wrote:Out of interest, does anyone know if you get better items if you finish a battle quickly? Or is it total damage dealt (in which case, you want to do it slow that you enemy can heal a bit)

Neither. The developrers revealed in another forum that the item drops are determined before you even select your battle bonus, this way its assigned to you once your opponent is defeated, even if you happen to not make it to the loot screen

Yes, I've noticed/confirm that sometime If i bugged out fighting the event boss killed it but didn't get to the loot screen but stuck looking at the debris, when i restart the game, I sometime see the event unique award is in my cargo space.
Post by thinkstoomuch   » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:33 am

thinkstoomuch
Admiral

Just an example from the current boss weapons setup.

(2) Auto-Loaders lvl 10; 0.72 Missile Load Speed (MLS)
Ballistic Enhancer V lvl 10; 0.64 MLS, 140k System points
Ballistic Enhancer IV lvl 6; 0.72 MLS, 75k System Points

Variance Injector V lvl 10; Hull Damage 2, Cool down 1.010
Tactical Incinerator IV lvl 6; System Damage-0.550 HD 1.790
Tactical Incinerator V lvl 7; SD-0.650 HD 1.5

With that setup three swipes per opponent on the current boss opponents and they are destroyed. If I used individual taps probable less than nine launches each. <shrug> Afterwords I use my defenses to keep me occupied. I'm done launching and they only launch once.

What seems to make a difference if you go around the Number 45 mission until the dialog says it is supposed to open the originally hidden missions, I think, not enough correlation to my mind too lazy to actually log the stuff. Just using the originally hidden missions does have a higher valued component yield. Again these are impressions.

For what it is worth,
T2M

Michael Everett wrote:My current weapons loadout is:-

-----------------------
Q: “How can something be worth more than it costs? Isn’t everything ‘worth’ what it costs?”
A: “No. That’s just the price. ...
Christopher Anvil from Top Line in "War Games"

Return to Multimedia