Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

is this the trading forum?

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
is this the trading forum?
Post by zonianx   » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:37 pm

zonianx
Midshipman

I am having a hard time getting a new Intelic Evasion Computer for my Engineering Department. I have had over 100 fights with enemies of Manticore and haven't even sniffed one. So I am willing to trade any two fully upgraded (level 10) components plus 10 million plasma and 10 million metal for one. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Re: is this the trading forum?
Post by Commodore Oakius   » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:35 am

Commodore Oakius
Captain (Junior Grade)

zonianx wrote:I am having a hard time getting a new Intelic Evasion Computer for my Engineering Department. I have had over 100 fights with enemies of Manticore and haven't even sniffed one. So I am willing to trade any two fully upgraded (level 10) components plus 10 million plasma and 10 million metal for one. Let me know if anyone is interested.

First Welcome to the forums.
Have you been exposed to Honor Harrington before? If not chack out the books. They rock!!!
Second,
As of now there are no trades in the game. It has been asked for, but they are tweaking other things at the moment.
Here is the website forums dedicated to the game: http://forums.tales-of-honor.com/.
Lot of cool information and discussions there.
Post by zonianx   » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:10 pm

zonianx
Midshipman

Thanks for the welcome.

I know it didn't show but that was sarcasm, I have been trying for a week to get the intellic computer (nice name there) but haven't seen one. I have one at level 10 but am looking for another to replace my fire fighting component . I rarely get enough damage to see fires these days. I, of course, know that there is no trading and was trying to show a little frustration in not getting what I want right now :D Sorry, I also know that sarcasm doesn't show very well on forums.

As for the series, I have been enjoying it for over a decade. I like the earlier books a little better because of the individual combats but still want to see where the series is going.
Post by Commodore Oakius   » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:36 pm

Commodore Oakius
Captain (Junior Grade)

zonianx wrote:Thanks for the welcome.

I know it didn't show but that was sarcasm, I have been trying for a week to get the intellic computer (nice name there) but haven't seen one. I have one at level 10 but am looking for another to replace my fire fighting component . I rarely get enough damage to see fires these days. I, of course, know that there is no trading and was trying to show a little frustration in not getting what I want right now :D Sorry, I also know that sarcasm doesn't show very well on forums.

As for the series, I have been enjoying it for over a decade. I like the earlier books a little better because of the individual combats but still want to see where the series is going.

Ahh, I was wondering if it might be, but erred on the side of caution.
Also, on the other forums I have talked to a decent number of people who play the game but not read the books, they just found the game, so I try and nudge them bookward lol
Post by bitslizer   » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:27 pm

bitslizer
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

zonianx wrote:Thanks for the welcome.

I've never seen one either, only using the very rare photonic computers :(
Post by Duhjoker   » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:44 pm

Duhjoker

Welcome to the forum and to the Honorverse. I'll reccomend the books myself. If your looking for legendary components stay in the mananasas sector. I have been farming it for two weeks now in my fourth game and now I've almost filled my ship with legendary components. I've noticed that the first sector for each ship has the best drops and the second sector for each ship sux. You should also check out the Saganami guide here in the forum, there's a lot of great info for beginners and experts alike.

Here's the link for the guide. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5896
Post by Roguevictory   » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:07 pm

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

Yeah I would love a trade system. Right now I'm one very rare or legendary level booster from my goal of having all of my heavy cruiser's systems maxed (Everything but Engineering and Sidewalls is level 10. Sidewalls are 9 but has a Legendary booster not at full yet because I'm waiting for my XO to finish reaching level 18.

I've been grinding for more then a week trying to get a purple or orange booster for engineering and while I'm getting tons of purple and orange components none have been level boosters and almost all are things that I already have an orange or purple level component for and have no need for more. At this rate I'm praying that the next live event is an engineering section something/level booster because that seems like the only way I will get the level boost I want.

I've even saved up enough resources despite upgrading all of my in use components as fast as I can my weapons officer is level 20, my chief engineer and defense officer are mid leveling up from 19 to 20 and I have the resources stockpiled to pay for leveling my XO from 17 to 18 and 19 tro 20, and I'm still mid Manassas Sector, next plot mission is 36, which means if I understand right I still have one full sector before the upcoming new sectors.
Post by Roguevictory   » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:06 am

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

Of course the next live event award was just what I wanted and I got the orange on the first try. Now to upgrade it and move on. :D
Post by Duhjoker   » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:16 am

Duhjoker

If your still in mananasas that's great. Like I said it has the best upgrades. Are you doing the orange and blue fights or everything. I don't worry about green or white battles. The items suck. So if I can't get a blue or orange I play the side quests. Dangerous technology has yielded many very rare and legendary components. Especially purple and orange level boosters. I've collected so many it's allowed me to use two level boosters for each bay which means more refresh components or others. You just have to keep doing them. I know it gets boring after a while but if you want those boosters you have to keep going.
Post by Roguevictory   » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:50 am

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

Duhjoker wrote:If your still in mananasas that's great. Like I said it has the best upgrades. Are you doing the orange and blue fights or everything. I don't worry about green or white battles. The items suck. So if I can't get a blue or orange I play the side quests. Dangerous technology has yielded many very rare and legendary components. Especially purple and orange level boosters. I've collected so many it's allowed me to use two level boosters for each bay which means more refresh components or others. You just have to keep doing them. I know it gets boring after a while but if you want those boosters you have to keep going.

That's basically what I'm doing, hitting oranges and blues and the various sidequests when none are available

At this point I'm more worried about upgrading the components I have and finishing getting my officers to level 20. The component I got from this week;s live event boosted my engineering to 10 as soon as I dropped it in for my purple armor, my sidewalls should be at 10 once the orange booster I have there finishes upgrading and I even picked up a spare purple booster a few minutes ago.

Return to Multimedia