Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Aug 2014 end game load out discussions

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Aug 2014 end game load out discussions
Post by bitslizer   » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:14 am

bitslizer
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

So the recent weekly (3 stages) live event boss have been giving me trouble with their massive missile waves....

Anybody have any suggestions/comments regarding my load out, or have a effective load out suggestion?

I've

Weapons 10:
1x Orange speed loader near max
3x purple loader near max
2x purple system booster max
1x orange soccer ball near max

Sidwall 9:
1x Orange sidewall amplifier near max (from last event)
1x purple sidewall amplifier max
2x orange phase energizer near max
1x purple soccer ball max
1x orange tachyon compesator near max

ECM 10:
4x purple ECM cooldown max
1x blue ECM soccer ball (damage enemy ecm) max
2x purple system booster max

Engineering
1x Orange system booster 1 level from max (need lvl 18 officers)
1x Blue system booster max
2x Orange 1400mm armor 1 level from max
3x Purple 800mm armor various level
1x Blue 500mm armor max

Laser 10:
2x orange phaser near max
1x purple phaser max
2x purple booster max
1x blue soccer ball max

CM 10:
2x orange tracker/cool down near max
2x purple tracker max
1x orange soccer ball upgrading
2x purple booster max

Bridge 10,
2x purple booster max
the rest are a mixbag of upgrade booster and scrap/plasma farmers
Anyone has good tips for the bridge on what help contributed to combat?
Re: Aug 2014 end game load out discussions
Post by thinkstoomuch   » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:32 am

thinkstoomuch
Admiral

One quick comment that has occurred to me. Play the current live event and get the MEDIUM prize.

Being the same as a Legendary Auto-loader level 10 when at level 6 and replace one of the level boosters.

I don't remember how it compares to a level 8 component.

Another comment would be to get the engineering components that reduce damage. They help big time. Not currently possible for you due to the officer limitations but the Level 10 version reduces damage to the hull by .72. That makes the ~5000 hull points equal to ~6,944 hull points. Even if you get a component that reduces damage by .8 (Level 5 on the legendary-I think) that is another 1,250 equivalent points. Much better than even the level 10 1400mm Armor.

Hope it helps,
T2M
-----------------------
Q: “How can something be worth more than it costs? Isn’t everything ‘worth’ what it costs?”
A: “No. That’s just the price. ...
Christopher Anvil from Top Line in "War Games"
Post by crewdude48   » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:29 pm

crewdude48
Commodore

You may want to consider pulling two or even three of your missle load accelerators and replacing them with damage enhancers. This will allow you to do more damage per second. The only down side with this is it will take a little longer to batter down the enemy's systems, but the fact that the battle will be shorter will be a huge help. There seems to be a cap on damage enhancers at about five and a half times normal damage, but it is really nice doing over a thousand damage from just a single battery, not to mention 3500 from an entire broadside.

Also, do you have the component in your sidewalls that reduces BPL effect? I have found that to be very useful, especially against the live event bosses who spam BPLs.

In Engineering, you might want to pull some of your armer, and replace them with damage reducers. These are more effective useses of component pads.

Also, I would fight the medium boss for this week, and get his loot, then pull that legendary power booster out of eng and pair it with the medium loot in weaps. This will open up another slot for a damage enhancer.
Post by bitslizer   » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:59 pm

bitslizer

I'm in the process of replacing some of my system booster/speed loader in Weapons with this weeks live event items.

Since this week's live event item is unique, is it worth it to get the blue item?

Replacing auto-loader with this week's item will free up some weapons slot so I can put in damage enhancers

I will definitely try the hull damage reducer and BPL reducer suggestion.

Any idea on how the enhance the bridge for combat? the roll enhancer hardly seem to be worth the trouble :(
Post by thinkstoomuch   » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:57 pm

thinkstoomuch
Admiral

bitslizer wrote:...snip...

Since this week's live event item is unique, is it worth it to get the blue item?

Replacing auto-loader with this week's item will free up some weapons slot so I can put in damage enhancers

...snip...

Any idea on how the enhance the bridge for combat? the roll enhancer hardly seem to be worth the trouble :(

Not sure what you mean by the blue item?

Far as the bridge goes ... not much since I started playing.

Roll improvers are not entirely to be sneezed at as they cause you to roll faster not more more often as advertised. <shrug> No biggie, but it allows you to wait longer to roll and fire quicker afterwards. Not that I actually roll much.

T2M
-----------------------
Q: “How can something be worth more than it costs? Isn’t everything ‘worth’ what it costs?”
Post by bitslizer   » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:06 pm

bitslizer

Blue = rare

As in the item from the easy level event

thinkstoomuch wrote:
bitslizer wrote:...snip...

...snip...

Not sure what you mean by the blue item?

Far as the bridge goes ... not much since I started playing.

Roll improvers are not entirely to be sneezed at as they cause you to roll faster not more more often as advertised. <shrug> No biggie, but it allows you to wait longer to roll and fire quicker afterwards. Not that I actually roll much.

T2M
Post by thinkstoomuch   » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:25 am

thinkstoomuch
Admiral

bitslizer wrote:Blue = rare

As in the item from the easy level event

That ... depends.

Looked it up and maxed it gives you: A) .8 rate of fire improvement and B) 35,000 system points.

The system points will not matter much for a heavy cruiser as the other two items will get you 210,000 system points which is more than the requirements for level 10. That is all that the heavy cruiser allows.

The Rate of fire improvement is I think the equivalent of a very rare normal component at max.

So if you have any rare or very rare and spare plasma (not much required really) and not much time either, relatively to upgrade it might be well worth the effort.

So if you get all three I imagine-I haven't gotten the Legendary version to max yet-the totals would be: A) 245,000 system points and B) rate of fire improvements of 0.8 times 0.72 times ~0.66 equals ~0.38 improvement.

If you have 3 Legendary Auto-Loaders maxed it would be 0.72 times 0.72 times 0.72 equals )~.37

Of course you would be saving 2 system level increase slots for damage enhancers. But if you already have a Legendary Auto-Loader you would be a net loser in the rate of fire.

<shrug> Like I said depends. Also when the next ship upgrade comes out how much power will be required for the next levels.

Right now do to the fact that I experimented a bunch (still am) I am running 2 Auto-Loaders, purple and orange versions which at my current upgrade level for the Ballistic Enhancer (level 8) gets me a rate of fire of 0.26 which if I am accurate will become ~0.246.

To give an game comparison it allows me,right now to have 4 out going waves of missiles almost 5. I expect it to become 5 when maxed.

Still allows me to have to damage increasing components and a BeWeaps Suppressor upgrading for future experiments already have one maxed.

Part of my problem with not going with max damage type stuff is personal philosophy and the way the defenses in the game work.

The current Boss is a perfect example.

My first 2 waves of missiles are basically wasted. His defenses knock virtually all down, the shields absorb the remainder (mostly). So those two waves instead of doing 4,500+ points or so of damage do nothing. But the next 4 waves which are already on the way will destroy him. I roll after knocking down the incoming first wave and suffer shield's down to zero and damage to one or two systems(sometimes not even that still working on my roll timing).

Probably a more detailed answer than you were looking for but I am a little detail oriented :lol: ,
T2M

PS I do have other Auto-Loaders I could put in but biggest problem is then just getting the fire buttons to accept input, once the battle is in progress, is ... chancy ... much less if I want to change missile types.
-----------------------
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:29 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

I've had to flee the hard boss twice as all my departments were down, my hull at less than 200 and I had at least four salvos of BPL's heading in, but the last two attempts at it, I've blasted through (although I didn't get the loot! Grrrrr.....)
:?
Has the final boss been slightly downgraded? My second fight lasted under a minute with me using anti-weapon and nukes.

Just curious.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Rakhmamort   » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:22 pm

Rakhmamort
Captain (Junior Grade)

Michael Everett wrote:I've had to flee the hard boss twice as all my departments were down, my hull at less than 200 and I had at least four salvos of BPL's heading in, but the last two attempts at it, I've blasted through (although I didn't get the loot! Grrrrr.....)
Has the final boss been slightly downgraded? My second fight lasted under a minute with me using anti-weapon and nukes.

Just curious.

just load up all 3 launchers with nukes and fire as fast and as often as you can... 4 launches will kill the boss. you only have to survive that long... 3 launches before you have to roll, and release the last launch as quickly as you can after rolling...
Post by bitslizer   » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:25 am

bitslizer

Michael Everett wrote:I've had to flee the hard boss twice as all my departments were down, my hull at less than 200 and I had at least four salvos of BPL's heading in, but the last two attempts at it, I've blasted through (although I didn't get the loot! Grrrrr.....)

Just curious.

No... don't think so, but some upgrade/module can make all the differences all of a sudden.

I was having to do the Nukes or Hellfire spam with my previous loadout, but switching to my new weapon load out I'm now able to Farm the boss using only hull pen (and thank god, I was running down my stockpile of nukes and hellfire)

This was my first win using hull pen, I've improved much since then, now i hardly get my hull points scratched and instead of 3 salvos in the vid, i can have 4 salvos in flight at the same time(systems may still be down all over the place)
Http://youtu.be/vYDiWfQiX0U

Since the vid i have played around with my load out, now I have 1 level of each of the ballistic enhancers, 1 legendary auto loader, 1 very rare auto loader, 1 legendary damage enhancer and 1 legendary variance injector (more dmg enhance but slightly longer reload). with this each salvo will do 2000+ damage and I can have 4 (full 3x tubes) salvos in flight at the same time.
6 salvos is enough to kill the station.... first salvo to beat down the defense and sidewall, 5 more salvo to beat down the hull points) fire 5 salvo, start rolling and fire the last salvo...

I'm still in the early stages of upgrading the damage enhancers....

Return to Multimedia