Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Confused about this week's live event gear

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Confused about this week's live event gear
Post by Duckk   » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:58 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

The description says it boosts missile speed, but the upgrade bar says missile load time. The gear icon looks like it's a missile loader. Which is it?
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Re: Confused about this week's live event gear
Post by bitslizer   » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:57 pm

bitslizer
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Better yet.... How do you beat that space station? I'm fairly upgraded, not max out butt still up there, even with hell fire and mk13 Bpl I still don't stand a chance!
Post by ejheckathorn   » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:14 am

ejheckathorn
Midshipman

Duckk wrote:The description says it boosts missile speed, but the upgrade bar says missile load time. The gear icon looks like it's a missile loader. Which is it?

Missile loader. When I installed the orange and purple models, the decrease in missile load time was noticeable.
Post by ejheckathorn   » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:17 am

ejheckathorn
Midshipman

bitslizer wrote:Better yet.... How do you beat that space station? I'm fairly upgraded, not max out butt still up there, even with hell fire and mk13 Bpl I still don't stand a chance!

I've got an almost maxed out heavy cruiser. I fired the first salvo of HPs to get a shot off fast and force it to use its anti missile defenses, then switched to nukes.
Post by Rakhmamort   » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:03 am

Rakhmamort
Captain (Junior Grade)

bitslizer wrote:Better yet.... How do you beat that space station? I'm fairly upgraded, not max out butt still up there, even with hell fire and mk13 Bpl I still don't stand a chance!

nukes nukes nukes...

fire as fast as you can and hope he dies before you do
Post by thinkstoomuch   » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:51 am

thinkstoomuch
Admiral

As to the event's gear.

The Medium Level gets you the equivalent of a Legendary Auto-loader when Max'ed out plus 75,000 system points.

The Hard Level starts you at a Legendary Auto-loader and 90,000 system points then improves from there. Give me until the weekend to tell you where it stops.

Also it is possible to cause the station weapons to go down with Hellfires. But easier to just destroy it first. Though getting screen input on my Samsung Note 3 is chancy at times. The little processor is screaming about being over worked with 4 of my salvos out bound his inbound then add in the counter missiles and ...

As minor point when it is not part of a multi-wave attack. I always fire as soon as the battle starts and my ship is still moving around then changing munitions on one tube at a time as I fire.

First shot is generally wasted anyway as the opponents defenses thin them down pretty hard.

Hope it helps,
T2M

PS: Related but I am curious that nobody commented on the fact that last week's items were inaccurately labeled and in the wrong department. Labeled as a Sidewall Amplifier but it improved hull defenses which is an Engineering Department upgrade. <shrug> Not a big thing but ...
-----------------------
Q: “How can something be worth more than it costs? Isn’t everything ‘worth’ what it costs?”
A: “No. That’s just the price. ...
Christopher Anvil from Top Line in "War Games"
Post by bigdoglv   » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:53 am

bigdoglv
Ensign

I have a fully upgraded ship and I got smashed easily. Had to use prestige twice to continue the battle, and still barely won on the hard level.
Post by Duckk   » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:23 am

Duckk
Site Admin

Yeah, the fight is definitely a DPS race. It helps to have 2 maxed legendary loaders and at least 1 maxed legendary damage boost. Even in my maxed out heavy cruiser I find my systems almost completely crippled by the time my last salvo goes in (although I only used hull penetrators throughout instead of trying nukes or BPLs).
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by thinkstoomuch   » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:58 am

thinkstoomuch
Admiral

bigdoglv wrote:I have a fully upgraded ship and I got smashed easily. Had to use prestige twice to continue the battle, and still barely won on the hard level.

What do you consider "fully upgraded"?

As Duckk said you need to have Auto-Loaders maxed and Damage assists.

Right now I have (2) Auto-Loaders, a Ballistic Enhancer IV (level 6), Variance Injector V (level 10), Gravitic Condenser (Level 6) (upgrading from the depot in the event, Silly me sold Variance Injector IV), Ballistic Enhancer V (Level 7) (upgrading), BuWeaps Suppersor (Level 5) (Upgrading for future experiments I already have one level 10).

This gets me a Weapons department level of 8 and just beat it twice in a row using only hull penetrators. If I change the Gravitic Condenser for the level 10 Suppressor I lose for only the second time. First time I had 4 Auto-Loaders one was upgrading.

Another thing that helps is if you have Antipotonic Armor (level 10) times 2 in Sidewalls level 10.

The really disappointing things were the Intelic Evasion Computers (4) that I had in the first engagement and the one I just lost. Got to sit there and watch the Station pound me. Finally just fled as I couldn't get any missiles off and all my systems as Duckk again said were down. Sure they keep me in the fight but not being able to do anything but soak up additional damage really, really sucks.

Enjoy,
T2M
-----------------------
Q: “How can something be worth more than it costs? Isn’t everything ‘worth’ what it costs?”
A: “No. That’s just the price. ...
Christopher Anvil from Top Line in "War Games"
Post by bigdoglv   » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:40 am

bigdoglv
Ensign

thinkstoomuch wrote:
bigdoglv wrote:I have a fully upgraded ship and I got smashed easily. Had to use prestige twice to continue the battle, and still barely won on the hard level.

What do you consider "fully upgraded"?

As Duckk said you need to have Auto-Loaders maxed and Damage assists.

Right now I have (2) Auto-Loaders, a Ballistic Enhancer IV (level 6), Variance Injector V (level 10), Gravitic Condenser (Level 6) (upgrading from the depot in the event, Silly me sold Variance Injector IV), Ballistic Enhancer V (Level 7) (upgrading), BuWeaps Suppersor (Level 5) (Upgrading for future experiments I already have one level 10).

This gets me a Weapons department level of 8 and just beat it twice in a row using only hull penetrators. If I change the Gravitic Condenser for the level 10 Suppressor I lose for only the second time. First time I had 4 Auto-Loaders one was upgrading.

Another thing that helps is if you have Antipotonic Armor (level 10) times 2 in Sidewalls level 10.

The really disappointing things were the Intelic Evasion Computers (4) that I had in the first engagement and the one I just lost. Got to sit there and watch the Station pound me. Finally just fled as I couldn't get any missiles off and all my systems as Duckk again said were down. Sure they keep me in the fight but not being able to do anything but soak up additional damage really, really sucks.

Enjoy,
T2M

All of my components are maxed out except for my second or third copy of an item which I'm upgrading. The only reason I keep going is the wait for the new ship so that when I start the new ship is maxed out from the start with all legendary components

Return to Multimedia