Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Problem - Failed Upgrade

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Problem - Failed Upgrade
Post by Michael Everett   » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:40 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Several times I have tried to upgrade the Legendary Item "Variance Injector V" which boosts missile hull damage at the cost of slightly reducing missile load rates.
Three times I have started the upgrade process and each time, the darned component has reverted to L7, even if I stay on-line for a couple of hours with multiple bridge visits to try and ensure a proper save!
Is anyone else having this problem or a similar one?
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Re: Problem - Failed Upgrade
Post by Duhjoker   » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:00 pm

Duhjoker
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

I am having a similar problem with upgrading. This only started recently but I can start three or four upgrades, then lay down my tablet and come back and half the items I was upgrading didn't upgrade. So I have to keep upgrading the same components a few times before the upgrade really upgrades. This has even happened with upgrading my officers.

Part of the problem with my games doing that I think is partly due to the severe game crashes when either playing a live event or regular gaming. Can't tell you how many warp charges I have wasted trying to play a system battle, random battle or side quest and it crash. I even lost a Legendary level booster the other day because my game crashed right at the same time I was receiving my loot at the end if a battle.

I am using an iPad2, fully updated and have checked my internet connections several times over with no problems or errors. And the crashing only happens to this particular game and none of my other games like tapped out or angry birds or whatever.
Post by crewdude48   » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:22 pm

crewdude48
Commodore

Michael Everett wrote:Several times I have tried to upgrade the Legendary Item "Variance Injector V" which boosts missile hull damage at the cost of slightly reducing missile load rates.
Three times I have started the upgrade process and each time, the darned component has reverted to L7, even if I stay on-line for a couple of hours with multiple bridge visits to try and ensure a proper save!
Is anyone else having this problem or a similar one?

A few things you could try.
1. Visit the outposts. Apparently, warping away from an outpost forces a save.

2. Only have a small number of upgrades running at a time. There is a smaller chance of it glitching out per upgrade with smaller number going. I am only doing 4 at a time right now.

3. Do not use the upgrade accelerators. I have found that I have fewer issues if I just let the upgrades take the full amount of time to finish.

4. Log in more often. Doesn't always help, but it does seem to reduce the number of items that complete the upgrade, and then drop back down.

It is still not a 100% fix, but it is a lot better. The biggest issue is that 2 and 3 combined make for a long time to upgrade my new components. Evergreen and Idol Minds are aware or the bug, and are trying to get it fixed. They have said that they will announce, here and on the Evergreen board, when they nail it down.

Also, from what people are saying on the Evergreen board, it is apparently almost a non-issue if you use prestige to do the upgrade.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:47 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

crewdude48 wrote:A few things you could try.
1. Visit the outposts. Apparently, warping away from an outpost forces a save.

2. Only have a small number of upgrades running at a time. There is a smaller chance of it glitching out per upgrade with smaller number going. I am only doing 4 at a time right now.

3. Do not use the upgrade accelerators. I have found that I have fewer issues if I just let the upgrades take the full amount of time to finish.

4. Log in more often. Doesn't always help, but it does seem to reduce the number of items that complete the upgrade, and then drop back down.

It is still not a 100% fix, but it is a lot better. The biggest issue is that 2 and 3 combined make for a long time to upgrade my new components. Evergreen and Idol Minds are aware or the bug, and are trying to get it fixed. They have said that they will announce, here and on the Evergreen board, when they nail it down.

Also, from what people are saying on the Evergreen board, it is apparently almost a non-issue if you use prestige to do the upgrade.
I've been able to use upgrade accelerators if I'm careful - currently it's been about 40 completed upgrades since I had one fail.

The game seems to have an issue with simultaneous events, and the more events trip simultaneously the more likely it seems some of them won't get saved.

So kind of a worst case would be have 10 components upgrading, wait until they're all over half done and then throw all your upgrade accelerators in. When that orange accelerator goes in you're likely to have 11 simultaneous events (accelerator install + 10 upgrade complete) and you'd be lucky if half of them were saved. (Also the game doesn't act like it ever resynchronize it's save state. If the the upgrade wasn't correctly recorded when it completed it doesn't seem to matter how long you leave the game running after that; it never seems to notice the glitch and update the save info.)

I've adopted the somewhat OCD behavior of doing my best to make sure I reinstall the upgrade boosters at least a few minutes before the upgrade would complete with them in place, then let the last few minutes run out; play one battle, look at the component again, and then force close the game. Start it back up and check status.

That kind of ties back into crewdude48's suggestions 4; but more frequent check ins alone don't seem to be a complete solution.

But I've also been following his suggestion #2, I've been topping out at 4-6 upgrades at once rather than going for all 10. (Though lately that's partly because I can't generate or find resources quickly enough to afford to start 10 upgrades at once)

Like I said, doing that it's been a long time since I lost an upgrade, but immediately prior to that I had a couple of 10 counts where 7 or 8 of the upgrades reverted the next time the game quit. It'd be nice if all this didn't seem necessary and upgrades just worked.
Post by thinkstoomuch   » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:06 am

thinkstoomuch
Admiral

I have had a similar problem back when upgrading Fission Cascade units. SEVERAL TIMES!!!!

Ended up finding out if it was having a bad time upgrading it helps to uninstall after the first instance and re-install in a different slot.

One I just ended up selling and waiting till I got another as nothing seemed to work. I always use the accel components. Also right now have had 10 upgrades in progress for over a week no problems so far (crosses fingers, I said that right out loud).

As an add on when I was traveling connection strength had a lot to do with it. Weak connections, 1 or 2 bars, (or 1x) increase failure rate geometrically.

For the record, again crossing fingers, not had a problem with the 7 Fusion Sythesizer V's or the 5 IV's.

Hope it helps,
T2M

PS Haven't been paying much attention to the forums while traveling, normal. Now working on an engine rebuild, oops, so might spend some more time on it.
-----------------------
Q: “How can something be worth more than it costs? Isn’t everything ‘worth’ what it costs?”
A: “No. That’s just the price. ...
Christopher Anvil from Top Line in "War Games"

Return to Multimedia