Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

What new ship technologies can we look forward to?

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
What new ship technologies can we look forward to?
Post by Duhjoker   » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:10 am

Duhjoker
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

As many of you know the Honorverse is full of technology and as the stories multiply the technologies also multiply. So much so that the same ship from the beginning of the series pitted against the ship class of modern day wouldn't even compare. So out of all the technologies from the series which would you like to see most on your ship and how would you combat that new technology. I add the second part because at this point in the game adding a new technology would also mean adding a new type of missile or defense to oppose it.

I myself would like to see our Lasers upgraded to also act as grasers giving us good shot to take down enemy Sidewalls. But you could probably still use the same laser disrupters. Or maybe even a crippler to take down enemy wedges though that might be overkill.

Would also like to see LAC's maybe a mini game where you either pilot one or control the fleet.

So what would you like to see.
Re: What new ship technologies can we look forward to?
Post by Rakhmamort   » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:56 am

Rakhmamort
Captain (Junior Grade)

It would be nice if 'repairing' is automatically started on the first module that got damaged. Player needs only to override the queue if he/she wants to change which module he/she wants to be prioritized.

Also, it's obvious a lot of players do not use the integrated repair components. I think its a waste of slot space too. Maybe if the make it something like, if you put a repair component in a ship module, then damage to that module will be concurrently repaired even if some other module is tagged for priority repair.
Post by BrigadeΔ   » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:24 pm

BrigadeΔ
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Of anything in the Honorverse I would like 2 different things
1) missile pods, they would just be cool,
2) wingmen, having multiple ships tied into a tac net would give you more of everything and having a DD to screen your cruiser would be a big help for missile defenses

I also would like true fleet battles with multiple ships fighting simultaneously and preferably in a multiplayer fashion with pvp but this is mostly unrelated to this topic
Post by Jonathan_S   » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:12 am

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Rakhmamort wrote:It would be nice if 'repairing' is automatically started on the first module that got damaged. Player needs only to override the queue if he/she wants to change which module he/she wants to be prioritized.

Also, it's obvious a lot of players do not use the integrated repair components. I think its a waste of slot space too. Maybe if the make it something like, if you put a repair component in a ship module, then damage to that module will be concurrently repaired even if some other module is tagged for priority repair.
I'd like to be able to put repair components for other departments into Engineering.

Right now my Engineering is basically all hull damage reducers, but I'd like to have to weight the tradeoff between being able to just soak up hull damage (while struggling to get any of my depts back online) and being able to repair them.

But most of the time, if I start losing defenses repair is fairly irrelevant, if I had enough repair capability to get it back online before the next wave knocked me further down a hole my recharge times would be slow enough I could only defend against every 2nd or 3rd wave. (Which means I'd just get started down that spiral sooner and still couldn't possibly repair fast enough to recover from the missile spams the high level enemies spray out)

Return to Multimedia