Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Wow......

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Wow......
Post by SpaceManSpiff   » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:58 pm

SpaceManSpiff
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

So I see the difficulty was ummmmmm..... upgraded on the last boss this week.
Wow.
Excessive rate of fire much?
Re: Wow......
Post by RandomGraysuit   » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:16 pm

RandomGraysuit
Captain of the List

SpaceManSpiff wrote:So I see the difficulty was ummmmmm..... upgraded on the last boss this week.
Wow.

What difficulty level? I'm largely wiping out every wave on Hard off my ECM, with tne leakers on the first wave hitting my CMs. Recharge on both is well ahead of the next wave of missiles.
Post by crewdude48   » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:56 pm

crewdude48
Commodore

RandomGraysuit wrote:
SpaceManSpiff wrote:So I see the difficulty was ummmmmm..... upgraded on the last boss this week.
Wow.

What difficulty level? I'm largely wiping out every wave on Hard off my ECM, with tne leakers on the first wave hitting my CMs. Recharge on both is well ahead of the next wave of missiles.

Have you tried him in the last couple of days? Much harder than when this live event was started. He has at least 4 missile batteries.
Post by Michael Everett   » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:37 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

crewdude48 wrote:Have you tried him in the last couple of days? Much harder than when this live event was started. He has at least 4 missile batteries.

4? He fired 5 types of missile at me in a single broadside, then followed up with staggered launches!
His missile reload rate is just insane!
Make darned certain that you have max-level purple or orange thrusters equipped, you'll need them!
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Yow   » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:45 pm

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

Wow.

Ship almost maxed out and I still wound up spending prestige to stay in the fight.

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by supersonic05   » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:18 pm

supersonic05
Ensign

I spent prestige too. He very hard now
Post by crewdude48   » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:03 pm

crewdude48
Commodore

supersonic05 wrote:I spent prestige too. He very hard now

I didn't have to spend prestige, but I did have to change my loadouts, first time an enemy made me since I got the last ship. I swapped out my missile accelerator for an second damage enhancer, left my two load time accelerator, and put one of my already won legendary prizes in in place of a ghost ion charger. Then, on my bridge I put in an old live event prize that reduced BPL damage to the bridge, and put in one of this weeks legendary prizes, and my legendary thrusters. The old live event prize, plus the legendary BPL shielding in my sidewalls, plus one of this week's prize on my bridge, allowed me to keep rolling whenever a huge salvo was inbound and let me concentrate my repair ability on my attack missiles. As soon as it bigins, I start with a full broadside, then fire a second one as soon as he starts rolling, then I go to sequenced fire, keeping a steady stream of missiles going. About 4 times out of 5 I win the fight.
Post by RandomGraysuit   » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:13 pm

RandomGraysuit
Captain of the List

crewdude48 wrote:Have you tried him in the last couple of days? Much harder than when this live event was started. He has at least 4 missile batteries.

I have. Very impressive upgrade. I saw 5 different colors of missiles in the air coming towards me when my fourth salvo swatted him out of existence.

As long as I roll for the first salvo of missiles, I have 3-4 salvos hitting him before I have to actually use any of my defenses. That's enough to vaporize an 8,000 HP enemy. If the designers put this fire rate on a 14,000 HP enemy, I might actually be a little concerned.

Then again, I'm running with a pair of legendary fire rate components, both of last week's damage boosters (the 2x and 1.75x) and an extra 1.5x damage booster, on top of my single system booster. My average damage is about 4500 if everything hits a sidewall-free ship, and I can pump those out fast enough to get two of those between each enemy roll.
Post by Rakhmamort   » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:53 am

Rakhmamort
Captain (Junior Grade)

yeah... upgrade made me 'cheat' and simply run away if i don't get First Shot. If I do, it only takes 3 salvos to kill him... first launch all 3 launchers with bpl to remove his defenses, then followed it up with two 3 launchers full of nukes... first wave he sends to me i use up all my defenses... next wave i survive by turning turtle...
Post by thinkstoomuch   » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:30 am

thinkstoomuch
Admiral

A litle bit of a day late and a monetary unit short but ...

After the boss difficulty upgrade I was still using the live event to get Plasma for the upgrades. End result is I have 26+ million metal at the end of the event only started with 6.

For me as always breaks down to rate of fire mostly. I was using 4 Missile Tube Auto-Loader level 10's. The Fusion Synthesizer V (it was upgrading), a Ghost Ion Capacitor level 10 (to get Weapons to level 10), and Variance Injector level 10. This allows me to fire 4 salvos at once (as an example I fire twice before the banner "Final Wave" clears the screen. Sort of big as a first shot tactical advantage I get two strikes in before the target rolls.

On the defense side all had 4 level 10 rate of fire increasers, Gave up on repair as damage came faster than repair could hope to keep up with, THEN.

Also wrote off damage components for shields and weapons. Shields because I was getting more hits than it could hope to regenerate. Weapons after I tried once to get the target's weapons off line used 200+ M-14 Hellfires and I think I caused maybe 1/2 damage indicated before I was dead. Gave it up as a bad option.

On Sunday I was down to Level 9 on the Weapons using the medium upgrade so I could upgrade it the rest were already done. Still killing the big guy around something like 19 out of 20 times, or better. Think in the end he only killed me a total of 20 or less times in all the duration of the live event. Though it did take me time to figure out how to do without nukes. That was a complicated process, "What can I do and still win." Not always successfully which is at least 1/2 of those losses.

Didn't really use much of the roll stuff until this week. It was much more important to have 6 of 7 Fission Cascade Units churning out 100 plasma a minute or a million a week.

Like I said a day late and a money short,
T2M
-----------------------
Q: “How can something be worth more than it costs? Isn’t everything ‘worth’ what it costs?”
A: “No. That’s just the price. ...
Christopher Anvil from Top Line in "War Games"

Return to Multimedia