Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

The Secret Fleet: Community event crashes

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
The Secret Fleet: Community event crashes
Post by Bruno Behrends   » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:45 am

Bruno Behrends
Captain of the List

5 times I tried to fight the 'Hard' boss battle in the community event: Gundlach Defense and each time the game crashed before I could fire the first salvo at the boss.

Specifically 4 times the game crashed when I pressed a button for the first time after the battle had begun (3 times it was the fire button, 1 time the roll button). The 5th time I tried the boss fight the game simply froze. The boss still fired at me but I couldn't press any buttons, because none of them worked.

Dunno, if other players have this issue, but I sure do :P

EDIT: I think the battle may have worked once. The very first time I entered the community event I killed something called an Aries class heavy cruiser with 7000 hull. I thought it was an underling, not the boss but maybe I was wrong.

Anyway - each time I tried it afterwards I experienced the crashes mentioned above

EDIT II: I initially had the same problem during this week's life event and (mostly) managed to fix it by rebooting the phone.
Last edited by Bruno Behrends on Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: The Secret Fleet: Community event crashes
Post by Duhjoker   » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:25 pm

Duhjoker
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

I too have experienced this problem, but on all the bosses. I have actually only played through a boss once and fortunately got my prize. I usually get through the first two waves after that the game shuts down or freezes causing me to reboot.

I am using an iPad 2. What kind of device are you playing.
Post by Yow   » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:34 pm

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

I haven't personally experienced that. If you are using iOS most likely it is your devices :( My ship on my iPad 4th generation rampages through the bosses. My ship in the iPhone 4s crashes every three to fourth battle. I clear the memory cache to get back in. Sometimes I have to shut down completely. (I use my iPads ship to clear the way so I only have to fight the bosses with my iPhone ship. :mrgreen: ) Also check to see if your software is up to date. Of course I know some have reasons why they can't or won't update. That's understandable. Oh forgot. Don't just clear the game cache, clear all of you're cache. For those that don't know rapidly hit your home button twice and all the programs that you've recently run will be shown. Swipe up on all of them to clear them out.

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by Duhjoker   » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:47 pm

Duhjoker
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

My IPad is completely up to date and I always clear out before playing.
Post by Bruno Behrends   » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:39 am

Bruno Behrends
Captain of the List

I am on a Samsung Galaxy SIII.

I always clear out my cache whenever I close any app. So that can't have been the problem.
Post by Yow   » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:03 pm

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

Only other thing thing I can think of besides hardware constraints is internet connection. I've lost games or been booted when my connection was weak but that happened a long time ago. I haven't seen any posts from the devs here in a while I think that they are concentrating on email reports from in game and at the http://forums.tales-of-honor.com. If you haven't yet you might try them there.

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"

Return to Multimedia