Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Mission 30 Honor Among Thieves (Warnecke/Willis) July Patch

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Re: Mission 30 Honor Among Thieves (Warnecke/Willis) July Pa
Post by DrMegaverse   » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:18 am

DrMegaverse
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

So I just passed Warnecke about 30 seconds ago. I went with your strategy here Kheldan. I fired two waves of Hull Pens, then switched over to Hellfires until his weapons finally got knocked out. After that I went to a BPL every launch and switched off Hellfires and Nukes. His first salvo or two were nasty, knocking out my Lasers, but that was it. Reducing the incoming fire and keeping him hobbled allowed me to pass him in one go (using this strategy).

I had ECM and CMs maxed out, and Weapons, Sidewalls, and Lasers were one slot below max. I focused on Level Boosters and reload time shortners with a dash of increased repair speed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Post by Duhjoker   » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:11 am

Duhjoker

So there really is more than one way to skin a Treecat. I'm talking about Wernecke. After the update re-releasing the level boosters I was able to beat him in one try. Easily!!!!

How I did it was first level boosting my ship after that I filled every component cell with a faster recharge component. That in itself in my opinion was what did the trick. I was able to throw my salvos at a lil over 6 seconds a pop. So I started with a regular salvo staggered then immediately switched to the hellfires on one and kept the regulars on the the other. Once his weapons were down it was no problem to throw a couple BPL's and finish with a few Nuke salvos. All staggered. That's another important factor. Staggering your salvos or waiting a couple seconds between messes with the Willis' defenses.

That's my strategy any way.
Post by Rakhmamort   » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:35 am

Rakhmamort
Captain (Junior Grade)

Didn't even feel him. Ship was pimped from farming Sanctioned Stealing, Sons Of Liberation, Hamilcar's Own and Plowshares To Swords while the community event is on. If the mission is not in the random events generated, I just do one easy event to re-roll the random events. If I run out of warp points, go back to community event and farm more metal/plasma/components.

I did farm for like 4 days before getting into Breslau sector so my ship was pimped (I swapped out fully upgraded components for un-upgraded ones in the previous system so I'll have fully upgraded components for the new ship when I got it) and these missions were pretty easy farms.
Post by Kheldan   » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:56 pm

Kheldan
Ensign

UPDATE: As of July 30th as per a developer post, Green Level Booster II were added to the Breslau outpost and the Mission 30 Warnecke/Willis was made easier.
Post by Duhjoker   » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:51 am

Duhjoker

So as of the last live event update, the Willis has dropped its HP from 6000 to 4000. Also he's really easy to beat now. He seems to still have the same defenses and offenses as before but it took me no time shred his hull using simple Hull Penatrator missiles. Never fired a single special missile either. I don't really like it much, the difficulty of that particular boss was challenging but not unbeatable now he's nothing. I hope this changes. I can understand weakening him a lil but this too much. Any way.........

Read on another forum that ES has sent in another update for us to Apple on the 15th so we should be receiving it any time now.

Return to Multimedia