Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Community Event is now LIVE!

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Community Event is now LIVE!
Post by Idol Dev   » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:53 pm

Idol Dev
Official Representative

Hey Everyone!

The first Community Live Event is now available to play!

Everyone needs to work together to unlock the boss. You do that by playing the three different difficulties and beating those single ship encounters. When enough ships for Easy, Medium and Hard have been defeated the three bosses become available for a period of time.

Fight those bosses, in a multi-wave encounter, in order to have a chance to earn the event-specific loot. You'll likely need to fight the boss several times.

After a period of time (currently set to an hour I think), the boss locks and the community will need to unlock them again.

Would love to hear your feedback!

Cheers!
Jeff Litchford
Re: Community Event is now LIVE!
Post by Duckk   » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:00 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Fight those bosses, in a multi-wave encounter, in order to have a chance to earn the event-specific loot. You'll likely need to fight the boss several times.

I got both the Very Rare and Legendary versions after only one try each :?

Very fun event. I'd be interested in seeing a running a gauntlet type version of this, where there is no limit to the number of waves, and each wave gets successively more powerful. There wouldn't necessarily have to be any reward given, just more for the challenge.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by supersonic05   » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:15 pm

supersonic05
Ensign

I like the waves. I also won the very rare and legendary. The Sd needs to be harder. My heavy cruiser had more hull points had it.
Post by crewdude48   » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:39 am

crewdude48
Commodore

A request for clarification.
Idol Dev wrote: When enough ships for Easy, Medium and Hard have been defeated the three bosses become available for a period of time.

Does that mean that all three bosses will unlock only at the same time?
Post by crewdude48   » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:37 am

crewdude48
Commodore

crewdude48 wrote:A request for clarification.
Idol Dev wrote: When enough ships for Easy, Medium and Hard have been defeated the three bosses become available for a period of time.

Does that mean that all three bosses will unlock only at the same time?

OK, answered my own question. Yes they only unlock at the same time.

On a side note, has anybody else been noticing some bugs in the loot pods on this live event? Not in the boss battle, but in the single fights, I have been getting components of different colors than the cargo pods, including blue components in green pods.
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:14 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

crewdude48 wrote:On a side note, has anybody else been noticing some bugs in the loot pods on this live event? Not in the boss battle, but in the single fights, I have been getting components of different colors than the cargo pods, including blue components in green pods.

I've been getting componants whose colours don't match the pods, but since I normally sell them, it isn't much of an issue to me.

And I got the laser thing on hard on my first run-through. Whoooot!
Now to get the medium and easy so I can chuck my boosters for the lasers...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by SpaceManSpiff   » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:16 pm

SpaceManSpiff
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Michael Everett wrote:
crewdude48 wrote:On a side note, has anybody else been noticing some bugs in the loot pods on this live event? Not in the boss battle, but in the single fights, I have been getting components of different colors than the cargo pods, including blue components in green pods.

I've been getting componants whose colours don't match the pods, but since I normally sell them, it isn't much of an issue to me.

And I got the laser thing on hard on my first run-through. Whoooot!
Now to get the medium and easy so I can chuck my boosters for the lasers...

Would that work better? I thought the boosters allowed you to engage more targets....
Post by Michael Everett   » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:18 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

SpaceManSpiff wrote:
Michael Everett wrote:Now to get the medium and easy so I can chuck my boosters for the lasers...

Would that work better? I thought the boosters allowed you to engage more targets....

Since the Event rewards ARE boosters as well as laser chargers, it still allows me to hit the max number of targets while still getting good recharge rates.

Heck, I've already sold off one booster and still have power to spare.
:D
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995

Return to Multimedia